Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put 35's on my 85. however i do not want to lift it. can i just cut the fenders out? if i do does that mean that i had to completely remove the wells? and what do i do with the stuff that is attached to the top of the wells? thanks for any help i can get.:hump :whip

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
There'll be no need to have to remove the inner fenders. Just cut the F ouf of your fenders, mount the tires, and plan for new gears later on

K

·
0 Posts
i forgot his name, and have already started typing this, but if you go to the introductions section in the welcome forum, search around in the posts from the past day or 2, or there's a noobie who has 35" swampers stock with fender trimming... might be able to help you out there... - kenny

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree. that is a really cool looking truck. odes it have any lift on it at all in that picture? Or were you able to just put 35's on it with the cut outs alone? Also, was it difficult to cut out the fenders? How much metal did u have to cut off?

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
Ledee416 said:
I agree. that is a really cool looking truck. odes it have any lift on it at all in that picture? Or were you able to just put 35's on it with the cut outs alone? Also, was it difficult to cut out the fenders? How much metal did u have to cut off?

only thing done before putting on the tires was getting busy with the sawzall :thumbup ............. just followed the crease in the body line :shrug .. no problem

·
Registered
101 Posts
just a thought

I was lookin at choping my fenders but have to finish renovations on the kitchen first. anyway what I am plannig to do it cut the reinforcing lip off and then cut slits up to the body crease and bend them up to give me something to reattach the fender wells to with some extra room to play with then rust coat the crap out of it.

·
my precioussssssss
877 Posts
Re: just a thought

montster said:
I was lookin at choping my fenders but have to finish renovations on the kitchen first. anyway what I am plannig to do it cut the reinforcing lip off and then cut slits up to the body crease and bend them up to give me something to reattach the fender wells to with some extra room to play with then rust coat the crap out of it.
Hey, another Canuck! My sister just moved to Cornwall

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Re: just a thought

montster said:
Thats what I did on mine. Works well and no sharp edges if you do rub (hands, arms or tires).

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
montster said:

No need to cut all those slits. Just get a couple pair of pliers and go crazy. Looks cleaner that way.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Haha, I was searching for something else that came up with minimum results, and this was at the top. Didn't even pay attention to how old it was, thought it might be interesting read and just posted. lol. Oh well.....

Brian

1 - 18 of 18 Posts