Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the deal. I picked up a set of Bushwacker cut out fender flares for my 84 bronco. I figured it would be cheaper to buy them instead of body panels because of about 2 inches of rust over every wheel well.( thought it would give it that one off look too!) BUT due to the crazy photo copied directions the installiation has left a sour taste. Anyways has anyone ever put these things on? I'm planning on just drilling holes and just riviting, skipping about three steps in between. Any suggestions????

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just put a set of fender flares 6" wide on my 93 EB, They look great and is not very hard to install.
Just need to trim the corners (little part forward the wheel and after the wheel), then primed with paint and clean the area very well to glue it later, you have to try on an see if does it fit, if it does, then you have to drill under the fender flare, and riveted.

Once is installed your set should have a set of black sealant like silicone, put planty of sealant and stick to the side and put some pressure with something heavy that way It will glue it to the side.

After many hours and dry, you can trim the excess of sealant with a razor blade.
Belived or not looks great and help you keeping mud away from the side of your truck.
Ed

·
Registered
897 Posts
edgonmzt said:
I just put a set of fender flares 6" wide on my 93 EB, They look great and is not very hard to install.
Just need to trim the corners (little part forward the wheel and after the wheel), then primed with paint and clean the area very well to glue it later, you have to try on an see if does it fit, if it does, then you have to drill under the fender flare, and riveted.

Once is installed your set should have a set of black sealant like silicone, put planty of sealant and stick to the side and put some pressure with something heavy that way It will glue it to the side.

After many hours and dry, you can trim the excess of sealant with a razor blade.
Belived or not looks great and help you keeping mud away from the side of your truck.
Ed
you have any pictures?? I have never seen a later FSB with them on it.

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
i had the non-pocket style cutouts on my rig ( they are gone now) but they looked alright. the only trimming that needed to be done were the corners on the fenders. i'll see if i can dig up some before and after pics.

with the flares:

sorry i couldnt find a better no-flares pics, but if you look at the front fender you can see the area that got trimmed

·
Registered
897 Posts
WOOOHHH there like WAYYYYY big arnt they?? Realy need to be running like 44's to fill them bad boys up.

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
not as bad as you think. certain applications cut a full 3" out of the entire fenderwell, most bronco ones only trim 1/2" off the top if any, then 3" in the lower portions

·
Registered
802 Posts
When I installed cutouts on my old 83 I just mocked them up, marked the screw holes, and cut 1/2 inch below my screw holes. I also tossed the inner fenders which I later found was a mistake, talk about body rot. If I decide to install cutouts on my new 83 I'll probably use aluminum L moulding of some sort to resecure the inner fender to the outer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts