Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put Bushwacker Extend-a-fender flares on their truck?

If so, do they look good? and do you have any pictures??

i'm thinking about getting them after i get the quarters redone, but i'm not sure if they'll look that good

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
yes...

I wouldnt put them on, they break and crack really easy

·
Registered
673 Posts
these you have to cut out some of the wheel well right? does anyone have a pic of your truck with the wheel well cut before you installed them? just trying to see how much you have to cut, hopeing it is enough to cut out the rot i have on the arch and just cover them with these.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nope, no cutting. The cut-outs require cutting and look pretty gay unless you are running 38s. If you have wheel lip rot pretty bad, extendaflares won't work unless you rig them because they screw into the bottom of the fender lip.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fender Flare Question

Nope, no cutting. The cut-outs require cutting and look pretty gay unless you are running 38s. If you have wheel lip rot pretty bad, extendaflares won't work unless you rig them because they screw into the bottom of the fender lip.
I have an '81 with rust around the fender lips. How far up the side of the truck fenders does the Bushwacker flares extend. I want to do a down and dirty hide of the rusted fender lips. I know I'll probably have to fabricate some attachment metal in some spots to anchor them, but I need to know how many inches up the side will be hidden. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
But how much do they cover?
We have one that the wheel arches are good, but we have holes and bubbles appearing above it.

Do the extended flares cover 1" or 2" or 3" above the wheel well arch?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I bought the Bushwacker flares (for '81 Bronco) and they will reach up and around to cover two plus inches. I'm going to seal and patch (not concerned with details) my rusted fender lips, then cover them with these flares. A fast way to eliminate the problem areas for me. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have been looking around for a source for flares when I am ready to buy. I am interested in the thinner, smooth flares shown in some of the first pics in this thread. For those of you with them, how much did you spend??

I have been finding that the prices are disgusting for these things, in the $350-$400 range for a 4-set, and even more some places. Am I looking in the wrong places or what? I cant see how they can justify charging hundreds of dollars for some molded plastic....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts