Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a few new thing to put in the old bronco today. bought a tranny cooler and inline filter. cool thing is that the filter bracket has a spot for a temp gauge, so i can finally put that in too.
and i started making a box for a 12" audiobahn sub i picked up on e-bay. its gonna fit kinda like fireguys and dustins. all that talk about sterio stuff last week made me think about how much i hate having no radio at all in the truck.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Gear..

Audiobahn makes a nice sub. Make sure before sealing off that box, You put at least one thick coat of silicone bead around all the connected edges. The less air getting out, The more bass response. 2 Coats would be your best bet...And insures better sound for next to nothing.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,074 Posts
Hey Alan, I thought you were going to toss that jack in the trash man....Nice tranny cooler, and the box looks like its come out really good. If you need help putting that cooler in let me know, I'd like to see how its done, since that is definitely something I want to do to my rig.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
drilim that box is air tight now. a buddy of mine at work is into that car sterio crap. he used to enter his truck into competitions and such. i used lots of screws, glue, and silicon. i figure the box should be able to hold about 700 to 1000 pounds on top of it the way i beefed it up. he also told me to use lots of polyfill inside it, when i put the sub in. i dont know to much about this car audio stuff, but he said its gonna pound a lot harder than that 10" tube i got.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
plug ugly said:
if you are having overheating tranny probs, i would bypass the radiator tranny 'cooler' if you are equipped with one. All it really does is make the tranny run way too hot.
Wow. For some reason that makes much more sense then i ever thought it would. I did that last night for shits and giggles, and the quality of the shifts improved 10x. Very cool.

But, Then i blew my heater core this evening...ARGH!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts