Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First is about the drop bracket radius arms, Since its just drop brackets does the angle of the radius arms change at all? Or do I just go with stock C bushings? They're shot and since im lifting it now I want to replace all the front end bushings with poly urathane. Now extended brake lines, Do I need them with a 6" lift? One last thing is the E-brake cables, Do they need to be exteneded? Sorry I just want all the parts before I get started on this.

Anyone here have a 78-79 6" BDS Lift with new rear leafs? If so want to post pictures so I can see abouts how high my truck will sit and what size tires im buying.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i just got a 6.5'' lift and it came with drop brackets for the radius arms and 7 degree c bushings so im assuming that you need both and yes the brake lines will need to be extened, i have heard tell of ppl re routing them but its not real safe, if i remember right there 4'' drop brackets, hope it helps

·
Registered
513 Posts
You do not need the drop rad brackets if you change you C bushing to the proper degree. Using drop brackets lowers the over all height of you truck so just using the right degree C bushing will keep your height. Companies that sell lifts will offer the correct C bushings to use without a drop brackets. I installed a 4 with no drop. How ever you will want a drop TRACK BAR bracket. This is not the same thing. its super easy to install. With a 6in lift an adjustable might be handy. Longer brake lines is a yes, longer shocks, no change to E brake, longer drive shaft yes. Alot of "while you there" stuff. U joints, brakes, repack hubs, bleeder nipples on calipers,

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, So 7* C bushing even with the drop brackets? I have the drop brackets so I figure im just going to run them. I didnt think i'd need more then 4* bushings though. You say driveshaft yes? That means just the rear, Or the front as well?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I dont have the c bushing chart with me at the moment. But I do know that you can run new C bushing "at the right degree" without the Rad drop brackets. If you already have them then use them. Again I dont know off hand the degree number, but many on FSB site have this infor in their head. As for drive shafts yes to both. they will need to be lenghtend and rebalanced. The slip yoke will reach however it will be very unsafe to drive due to falling out. Mount the shaft in the normal position (will truck in on the ground) and measure how far off the distance is to the yoke on the ax. This is how much will need to be added. And have them rebalance the shaft too. Just because the brake lines, oem shaft bolt up does not mean they will stay bolted up when you articulate the system. This is when that shit will fall out. When you get them all back on creep to an alingment shop.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The 7* is for 6" lift with no drop bracket, not sure what degree to run with them but have seen it on here somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts