Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my friend is gettin an early 90 Bronco and is putting a 460 inplace of the seized engine. After he rips the 351 out I was going to put the FI stuff on my current 351. Talked to my shop teacher and he said that it should just go right on cause the heads will be the same, but if not I can switch them too. Anyway he said I will need the fuel lines and gas tank because of the fuel pumps. So my question is, can't I just use same tank and lines and just install inline fuel pumps to cure this. I know i need a low pressure and a high pressure just don't know where. So if anyone can help please do.

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The thing is that I can't take the lines and the tank because he is using them. So one thing I can do is redo the gas lines to make them up to the psi standards. Than have the inline pumps.

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just one or two? Cause I have been doing some research on the fuel systems and it has two pumps. A high pressure and a low pressure one. Or should I just run a high pressure one as close to the tank as possible?

·
Administrator
22,845 Posts
Just one or two? Cause I have been doing some research on the fuel systems and it has two pumps. A high pressure and a low pressure one. Or should I just run a high pressure one as close to the tank as possible?
The older models had two, the newer have one, I dont see why you could not just run one as close to the tank as possible.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Why not just get an intank high pressure pump and not worry about the second pump?

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do they make intank pumps for the 85? And how much pressure or w/e does he pump need? Like how many gallon/min or w/e?

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So my friend ended up not getting the bronco. Guy was charging a different, more expensive price when he got there. SO this leaves me to find my own donor truck. What years in the 150/bronco are best for MAF? I want to stick below 96 and stay OBDI.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
The older models had two, the newer have one, I dont see why you could not just run one as close to the tank as possible.
I run a single inline pump next to the tank.

Do they make intank pumps for the 85? And how much pressure or w/e does he pump need? Like how many gallon/min or w/e?
yes they make them. any bronco tank from 80-96 should fit which has the items you need.

So my friend ended up not getting the bronco. Guy was charging a different, more expensive price when he got there. SO this leaves me to find my own donor truck. What years in the 150/bronco are best for MAF? I want to stick below 96 and stay OBDI.
89-91 mustang is easy stuff to work with.

get intakes from a 351w, 19 lb injectors and your mass air stuff from a stang.

or search on here for people that have converted thier speed density to MAF and go that way.

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't care which way I go for like MAF or speed density. Just thinking if I add some upgrades later on the MAF would take it better, like in the near future looking at a Vortech supercharger. But I was wanting to get a Bronco with all the 351 fuel stuff on it so I can use the other parts off it as well, like fenders seats and stuff like that.

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Called up a wrecking yard in Billings, MT. They just got a 1993 Bronco in and I may jump on it depending on price. Guy is getting back to me tomorrow with what works and what doesn't and what not and a price. So hopefully it isn't too much. I mean I only spent 400 for the bronco I have now that runs :thumbup

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so big update for all of you. We (friend and me) bought the 93 for $400 a peice in the attempt to put the 302 in mine and a 460 in his. But, we decided to skip the middle man and keep the 302 in his and put the 460 in mine. So essentially I scored a 460, tranny and t-case for $400. So that is in the process of going in and getting hooked up. Oh btw the 460 is out of a 90 f250.
Here is some pix of the progress:

Just need adapt the harness for my gages and stuff and finish puttin th tranny together then it all ready to go!

Here are some more pix of it too http://www.rmftc.com/forums/album.php?albumid=28

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the factory ones dont fit into the towers on the bronco. That is why L&L makes these conversion mounts. They are also backed buy a lifetime garentee that they will not seperate or fail. And taking them off the truck was not an option because it was gone already.

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok well started weeding through the harness now that I back in school. Here is a pic of the old (left) vs. new (right):

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya not too bad so far but just got started. But I have the help of my all faithfull auto teacher that is pretty kick ass when it comes to this kinda stuff. Thank god!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts