Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought i'd show what my brother inlaw is making for my Bronco.

there is still a lot of work to be done to it but i like the progress so far. he said the radio section will be just as nice. need to decide what color to paint it though to go with a gray interior.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
That Rocks!

Your in law is talented.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea he does a lot of that kind of work and is very good at it. a few of us around here are tryin to get him to try making parts for a drag car if the cost would be low enough.

·
Registered
82 Posts
thats sweet!!!, great job... but I think you're idle is set a little high:rofl:

I think it would look nice wraped in vinyl

Jason

·
FSB warrior
6,116 Posts
low-1-5-0 said:
thats sweet!!!, great job... but I think you're idle is set a little high:rofl:

I think it would look nice wraped in vinyl

Jason
thats the way all autometer tachs are when they are not connected:thumbup

Looks sweet:rockon

·
Registered
82 Posts
thats the way all autometer tachs are when they are not connected
Yeah, I know:toothless

Jason

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
that's fawkin awesome!
looks like your dash grew a bunch of breasts . . . man I need a girlfriend!
But awesome!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the color has been a big topic lately around the house he thinks a blue metalic would look good posibly darker blue. black would work i'm changing the interior color to gray since i have good condition gray interior parts from other projects. decisions decisions. i talked to him today and for the radio he is going to bring it out and agle it a little then have a raised ford emblem above that. sounds nice to me now i just have to talk him into doing a center console and i'd be set

·
Registered
245 Posts
That looks awesome.

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
that looks killer, do you have any pics before the fiberglass was laid? did you use wood to make a frame first, simialar too a sub box?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea he used a wood base and frame work and laid the fabric over that then used some body filler to blend it into the plastic

thats sime nice fabric isn't it

·
Registered
28 Posts
What is up with my 'searches'? This is what I was looking for the other day. My buddy and I were going to do aluminium*ugh, how to spell it*. But I like that a lot better.

Now, to meet this person and convince them to build me one too.......:chili:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
weekendracer said:
What is up with my 'searches'? This is what I was looking for the other day. My buddy and I were going to do aluminium*ugh, how to spell it*. But I like that a lot better.

Now, to meet this person and convince them to build me one too.......:chili:
oh i could probably talk him into making another but it wouldn't be cheep and he does it in his spare time between work and family stuff so it is a slow process i should go over there this weekend and see how its going. most estimates for the price of mine were around the $250-300 range fully finished and painted

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no that is just some of the beginning pics i haven't been over to his place to see if he has gotten much more done on it. i believe he usually goes back over it with that fiber sheet stuff and more resin a time or two. at least that is what ive seen on his other projects.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
That makes more sense. I've done a couple single-guage pods like that, in the last, and have always gone back over it with the 'glass mat. Mine was always the chopped strand mat, that I just ran a flap wheel over, to smooth it over. It looks good tho. Not exactly what I'd do, for a dash, but the project itself looks good

1 - 20 of 49 Posts