Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a glass hood but also wanted to keep the inside hood release for security. There are a few hoods that I really liked but this was the only one with the factory hood latch. Cervini hood arrived unscathed.....:thumbup

John (Triplesix) came over and talked me into installing it. Of course, the minute we start it starts to rain......so up goes the "shop". Just as we place it over the Bronco, a very long 34-40 mph gust hits and almost takes John, myself, my neighbor and his daugher for a ride outa the cul-de-sac.........I almost just said let it go and we could send out a search party later:toothless

Holesawing the hood....I keep getting drenched as the side fill with rain, then the wind snaps it and dumps in down my neck.....good times:rockon

dry shirt, ditched the body saw and out comes the cut off........and body man I am not.:toothless

John had offered his shop for me to paint the hood in luxury but I had some honey-do's around the house.....so out comes the rattle cans......and the wind. I had a little primer overspray on the fender so touched them up.....look so good I did the whole truck.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Your truck is so fvcking bad ass man. I want that hood and those sliding rear windows. Hell, who am I kidding...I want everything on it.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Looks great man. I'm always up for throwing in an extra pair of hands if you guys want more help.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Nice!! Yeah, same thoughts as Tony. Big points for the no turning back install. Ha!! Looks good Greg. That looks like a well made hood. How was the fit?

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
Looks pimp as hell. For a second I thought those notches were off, but my eyes must be shitty.

How much weight do you recon you've saved with all the fiberglass stuff?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks ya'all :beer

Yeah, stared at it a bit before deciding to holesaw it.
I payed 539 directly from Cervini's. Fit and finish are top notch for fiberglass, even the underside is finished/gelcoated.
No idea on how much weight the glass as reduced......it's still a heavy pig:toothless

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Looking good, nice addition. I was afraid it wouldnt look good seeing the first few pics. But it does look damn good on there.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Sweet dude! :beer

That hood looks strangely familliar......

1 - 20 of 32 Posts