Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, now I really done it... :(

My fill plug is stuck and I´ve destroyed it so I can´t get it out! It was kind of bad to begin with but I tried the usual 3/8" but that sliped. Tryied hammer in a XZN 14mm (12 star shaped) real good but it sliped too..

http://gallery124417.fotopic.net/c897492.html

Anyone have any ideas?

Don´t own a welder and I´m a little concerned about bringing out the torch (think the transfer housing is aluminium..?).

·
Registered
210 Posts
I did the samething. What I did was filled it from the drian plug. I got a brase fitting from the hardwere store with and cone shape (I guess) adaptor with a rubber hose that slides over the adaptor. Then I measured out the right amount of flued and squirt it in from the drian plug. It worked for me until I can fix it.Hope this makes some seince. It's eairly. same for the spelling.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
It's not 3/8" but 10mm, so that's at least some of the issue.

Very common problem, tho. Getting it out won't be fun. I also vote EZ out or left hand drill bit. The hardware store will sell a male plug for about $1 to replace it with and you'll never have the problem again.

A welder won't help you, the case is magnesium, or some sort of mag alloy (I tried to burn a hunk once and it wouldn't ignite, pure mag is quite flammable I'm told)

·
Back in TEXAS
1,967 Posts
PO had mine so FUBARed I went and bought new ones then used vice grips to remove my old ones. It looked like they had used a hammer and screwdriver to turn it previously.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,842 Posts
mine was also torn up. used an ez out after drilling a small hole for the ez out to start. this is after i used liqued wrench for at least a day to soak it up good. then got the male plug.

·
Well Done Man!
1,621 Posts
Go to a good parts store, get an "Ez out"
They come in different styles from a square that gets larger, to a drill bit like one

will probally work best.
You just hit it in there, then screw it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts