Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I had so much fun this last Friday at the shooting range that I just had to get me a new toy.:rockon

I got a 5 1/2" stainless Ruger Mark III. Sweet as can be. Now I'm on the market for a new 12 gauge shotgun to start my skeet shooting in July. Need to get the stock fitted with a nice recoil pad before then.

Isn't it just sweet as can be?;)

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Cool. 22's are a blast to shoot. Have fun cleaning it though. Those things are a pain to put back togather.

·
A beer and a gun
2,073 Posts
That's a good gun. My father-in-law got a Red Dot scope for Christmas and put it on his Mark II; that really adds to the fun. The Mark IIIs come with scope mounts, which would make that a lot easier for you to hook up.

What kind of shotgun are you thinking about?

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
got me one of them quite a few years ago. put a bsa aim point on it and have a great time plinking with it. cheap as bones to blow an afternoon with.
have a good time with it. i love mine. i also use it for some light varmint hunting, and its what started me in competitive shooting. hell yeah.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have had a mark II since I was 8 ( about 32 years) and I have shot thousands and thousands of rounds thru it. I love that gun, the best $70 I have ever spent on a gun! I know that you will have years of enjoyment with your mark III!
Cheers!

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bigric said:
What kind of shotgun are you thinking about?
Well not exactly sure yet, will be spending next weekend driving all over taking a look see at what is available new, then I'll know more what to look for in a super clean used if the new price is more then I want to spend.

I'm kind of looking towards the over/under Browning Citori/Beretta 680. Winchester has a nice one too, just depends what I find, the cost and how it feels when I slide it up tight and lay my cheek on it.;)

Now ScorpionBoy, the shop and I will have words but it won't be with a little ol' .22, I'll be packing my 357.:chili:

·
Explorer driving
4,193 Posts
FordFilly said:
....how it feels when I slide it up tight and lay my cheek on it.;)

There's a comment that could be made here:brownbag , but since you're packin' heat, I'll refrain. :whiteflag

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
Nice choice Filly.... Real good gun, and tons of fun. Stoger makes a nice U/O thats fairly inexpensive. Might wanna have a look at those also... take care---Fog

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
adrianspeeder said:
Wheres you holdin it?
Right where it feels and works the best.:shocked

Stoger huh? Thanks Fog, I'll make a point to check that out.:rockon

·
Zombie Hunter
13,687 Posts
FordFilly said:
Now ScorpionBoy, the shop and I will have words but it won't be with a little ol' .22, I'll be packing my 357.:chili:
Take the over under you buy in there. Shotguns scare people more gooder.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
oooooo I LIKEY. But then I like all Rugers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.