Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a final check - Do you think I am doing this correctly

I am using the Cage weld on bracket - UPS came yesterday

I built a wood cradle for my D60 (no tires yet) just to get the axle at "normal" operating height - will have 37" boggers so target is axle center at 18.5"
Goal is to get axle at "normal" operating height

I have JBG 6" springs I understand that they compress to 21.25" so I will measure from coil bottom pad up 21.25" and adjust jack stands so that top of coil bucket is 21.25" above coil base pad.
Goal is to get Bronco fram and body at "normal" operating height

I will then have the cage arms connected to head unit (which is connected to the axle) and rear bracket (rear screwed in per Cage info within two turns) and I will use a clamp to hold rear R arm bracket in "normal" operating location.
Goal to get the rear of the radius arm locatd and held on to fram

With the front weld on bracket on the axle and everything set at "normal" operating condition - I will rotate axle to 4* (I will not even look at pinion angle, as the 4* is my target) I will check the 4* using angle finder measuring from bottom and top of king pinion.

Re check everything - then will tac weld the cage bracket to axle - until I get a professional welder out to finish weld.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks - as once I weld the Cage bracket on there is no adjustment (not like the wedge set up where you can get new wedge bushings to adjust angle....

thanks again -

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Pics would help the experienced guys (no way am I going to comment on if this is right or wrong, too much at stake :toothless ) tell you if you are doing things right.

·
Yeah- I did it-SO WHAT !!
512 Posts
Sounds good,but then thats why they're called tack welds,-right?:wacko

1 - 5 of 5 Posts