Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 91 302 that had an e4od. ive been trying to decide to either go manual or c-6 and finally i have decided c-6 is the best way to go, for money reasons and lack of manual transmissions around here. i did the searching but, people throw out so many different answers i dont know what to believe. im not concerned with the computer, ill try to half ass that some how, and if i cant ill replace it. my main concerns are the the kick down rod and this cable i read about. which one do i need to find to make things work?
another thing is this valve modulator does anyone have a picture of where and how this is hooked up. i think i can handle modifying the cross member. if anyone else knows anything else that needs to be done for the swap all help is appreciated.

their always long..sorry

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
Any pick and pull yards in your area? You should be able to find everything you need there.

You can find another computer for 302/c6 or trick the e4od eec into thinking you are always in neutral. (I don't think that is recommended).

The kick down rod was for carbs, the cable is for EFI.

I believe the vacuum modulator just plugs into manifold vacuum. This way it can tell the load on the engine.

You could probably pick up a crossmember at a yard also if you didn't want to modify the existing one.

Vacuum modulator.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the picture. i picked the c-6 up today got it all cleaned up and put together. i just need to get it in there. i met a guy and he helped me out solved all my problems. i wonder whats gonna break next now that i have a new engine and trans.

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts