Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of my Bronco's that I have been working on. I bought it with no lift, had running boards on it, basically bone stock. I added 4" of lift to fit 38.5" gumbo mudders under it, added the factory GT bar, Captians Seats, and FORD CB to. I have a cap with sliders in process of being painted to be added yet. It has stock 351m, c6, and NP203 (will be converting to 205 sometime soon.
NOW

THEN

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my off road Bronco. It has a 6" suspension lift to fit 39.5 mickey thompsons under it. It still has factory 1/2 ton rears it now, soon to be upgraded to 1 tons, just need time. It has a newer 351m crate in it, 4 speed, np205. I added light bar with 6 lights up top for night time, has front/rear hitch recievers and I have a warn 9500lb winch that I swapped from front to rear when I need it. This was my first major build still in progress (always will be) but has taught me alot.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sharp looking truck.

I noticed it does not have manual locking hubs. I was not aware of auto locking hubs being available back then? :shrug Or is it some other type that I am not aware about? Is it better than having locking hubs?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Whoever installed the NP203 installed a set of drive in slugs. Lockout eliminators or whatever you wish to call em.

I like the before better sans the running boards. She was a cherry truck. Kinda looks pimp daddy now.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
I noticed it does not have manual locking hubs. I was not aware of auto locking hubs being available back then? :shrug Or is it some other type that I am not aware about? Is it better than having locking hubs?
That is known as full time 4wd, it was offered back then. Came with a NP203 transfer case.

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
I like it after. That first pic was at Bloomsburg wasn't it? I can see my spot in the background. If you're going this year look for my truck(camo 79 with a cage), we'll be there from Thurs to Sun.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Same here.. And WTf is up with seeing the mufflers from the side? can't they be tucked up better? Or was that the goal?
Seriously, that exhaust is an eyesore. I can't decide which I like better. Don't like the running boards of the stock and I don't particularly like the rims but I like them better than the black ones. I think I'd like the ones on your wheeling rig on it better. Anyway, it will also definitely look better with the repainted top or better yet with no top. :rockon

Awesome looking body regardless though.

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
i'm a big fan of the black rims, i really like the after pic, makes me want 4" lift coils for mine now since i have the front all set up for 4" lift now and only have 2" leveling coils in

·
Registered
459 Posts
i like the after alot. the bronc has the right amount of height. i like the red and black paint scheme with the black wheels. if you wanted to get creative, you could paint the centers of the rims red (or any color you think would look good).

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
I like it after. That first pic was at Bloomsburg wasn't it? I can see my spot in the background. If you're going this year look for my truck(camo 79 with a cage), we'll be there from Thurs to Sun.
I wish I was close enough to hit Bloomsburg. That is a huge show, nothing at all compares to that in this area. Hijack over.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I Know the exhaust isn't right, I am saving up for a new exhaust for it, I peiced it up from other trucks I have sitting aroung just to get it running and on the road. The wheels and tires will be swapped out soon, I kinda like the black wheels, giving the bronco a blacked out look, but I have a new set of american racing outlaws for it, I need new tires too though. Like I said though, it is a project in the works, As I get money new things are added.
Yes that is at bloomsburg, It is a great show. I wish they had the rock cours and mud mud pits though. But it is always a good show. I've been there the last 6 years strait.
As for the paint, It is actually orange and black (Harley Davidson) colors hard to tell in the pics though. Thats what made me fall for it when I saw it.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
i like the paint on that thing. im going to agree that i really dont like the black wheels tho.. The outlaws should shine that thing up real nice....

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
As for the paint, It is actually orange and black (Harley Davidson) colors hard to tell in the pics though. Thats what made me fall for it when I saw it.

lol..

that would make me NOt want to own it..Harley? yuck!

Just giving ya a hard time.. Looks good on 38's

1 - 20 of 23 Posts