Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Bronco
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

Things move slowly out here in BFE, WA. A year later and I finally have the title for my Bronco.

She sat for quite a while due to another fouled carb. The tank has issues.

Yesterday, I bypassed the copper fuel line just before the mechanical fuel pump with a marine fuel line. I was planning to use some 3/8” copper nipples, but my squeeze ball line was long enough by itself.

I added and inline filter. Unfortunately, having the tank between the front seats leaves her a tad stinky.

I’d been nervous about getting through the firewall, but found a convenient rubber seal that popped right out.

I will likely be selling her, but that has added headaches. To get her off island we will need to hire a barge. (I will not be padding my posts…)

Too many projects! I have a 1970 AM General Deuce that will absorb most of my extra $ and time. Word has gotten out that I have mechanical skills… Lots of basic maintenance has been neglected by the other residents and I’ve been helping change that.

Hopefully the weather will clear soon and we may get a “summer” out here in extreme Western WA.

Cheers,

Spoon

·
Registered
'88 XLT. 2" lift, 3G, Saginaw Pump, Headers, High flow 3" cat, 3" exhaust, 6 litre tune, K&N
561 Posts
Where in BFE are you?
We are finally supposed to get summer by the end of the week.

Reactions: Spoonerist

·
Super Moderator
30,908 Posts
Yo SPOON,
"Unfortunately, having the tank between the front seats"
Mama Mia!
Tell me that 5a tank isn't there!

·
Registered
1984 Bronco
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ll post some pictures of my tank placement… it’s temporary.

105 full time residents out here. Most people have cars. During the summer the population goes up to about 300.

Off grid. No ferry service.

Spoon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts