Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have a running Bronco. The swap is all done well except I still have to do the final timing. It sounds great.

Next project will probably be rebuilding the solid D44 I have (it's not on the rig). Although, I would also like to start a rollcage build. Oh, and I have yet to mount the winch.

Well heck there is always something to keep a guy busy.

I can't wait to go out and drive it.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Word! Any pics? I hate reading posts of "new engines" w/ no pics or sound bits.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Word! Any pics? I hate reading posts of "new engines" w/ no pics or sound bits.

lol!
I trudged out in the cold to post these pics. I've never done sound but it kind of sounds funny. It's 2 1/2 inch back to the muffler which is 3 inch to the rear of the vehicle. It sounds like I am using a coffee can for an exhaust tip. Kind of like those Hondas with the big ol' tips on them.

I drove it to work today. The roads were really icy and I had the idle a little high. It was pretty intense, l was shook up by the time I got there.

and one more angle

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Nice rig with a clean looking engine! Congrats on the swap. I'd say winch, then D44, then cage.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,874 Posts
i say tires, then winch , then cage. i take it you got the wedge for the carb you needed? great setup, i would love to drop a 300-6 into my ride.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i say tires, then winch , then cage. i take it you got the wedge for the carb you needed? great setup, i would love to drop a 300-6 into my ride.
Yep, I got the wedge in so now it is slightly angled forward. I think you are right about tires first. I may go ahead and purchase 2 more 35's for now. The back tires look new and the front passenger side looks maybe 25% and the driver side front is near bald. So, when you give it the gas on the slick stuff it heads for oncoming traffic. What a rush...

The SAS may wait until fall. So, tires, winch, cage, SAS.

fun fun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts