Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got around to mounting my my Carr light bar with 2 KC's (Actualy KC lights but don't know anyhting about them, have a six on top).

Planning on selling the nice KC's and buying 4 of the Harbor Freight lights, as I will be putting two more on the front bumper when I get the money to buy one (Read that as 2056 or so).

Also mounted the 102 incher.

And the whip

I am pretty sure I am going to scrape pretty bad at BK and the like.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another pic from the back of the BKO

·
Registered
54 Posts
Damn...that's some whip! Nice!
I'm not sure how i feel about that lightbar though, personally anyways.
Overall it looks nice for sure

·
Registered
607 Posts
Yo,
It looks sweet. How do you like the Carr bar? I went with the Roto version. Have you given any thought to Hella lights. The 500 series runs fairly cheap and do a great job. I think they are sold in pairs. I have 5 mounted on my bar. Wired on two switches. 2 outer on one, then the 3 inner on the other. Just for some ideas.

D

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yo,
It looks sweet. How do you like the Carr bar? I went with the Roto version. Have you given any thought to Hella lights. The 500 series runs fairly cheap and do a great job. I think they are sold in pairs. I have 5 mounted on my bar. Wired on two switches. 2 outer on one, then the 3 inner on the other. Just for some ideas.

D
I would have gotten the roto, but I paid $50 for the lights and bar, so it was a little cheaper then buying new. I was going to do outters and inners on two switched. Thought about 5 but not sure yet. The Harbor freighs are like $20 for 2 I think. More of a spot light pattern, but with 4 I should be fine. To be perfectly honest more for looks then performance as I really only be driving on sand at night, I will mostly just wheel during the day.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Looks good. Needs two more lights. And get those ghey things off the bumper.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good. Needs two more lights. And get those ghey things off the bumper.
The PO installed those POS's. But it is reallly cold, and I have been realllly lazy(Mainly due to the cold), so they haven't come off yet...

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
you need some more lights up there, not bad though, the six on them is reffering to them being 6"

they are either 100, 150, or 165 watts I cant tell from the pics though

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
and please tell me you wired it right (not running the wires through the door jamb)

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
and please tell me you wired it right (not running the wires through the door jamb)
I had planned on something similar to this.

I haven't wired them up as I am waiting on all my electrical stuff to get here (Curcuit breaker, switches, fuses, ect.).

Any sudgestions on wiring will be met with open ears.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
i unbolted my top, slid my top back, ran the wires from my light bar between the light and the cab, added some silicone, and slid the top back.

Your going to use relays right?

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
i drilled 1/2" holes in my roof :toothless

buy the KC or anyother brand wiring kit with relays

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i unbolted my top, slid my top back, ran the wires from my light bar between the light and the cab, added some silicone, and slid the top back.

Your going to use relays right?

Was going to originally, but decided to get switched rated for 50 amps. I am going to be making a switchboard type thing for my center consol (Making that as well). Going to have power for CB/Linerar, 3 sets of lights, and other random stuff as needed in the future:chili:.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
relays would make it a helluva lot easier.

you're going to need about 6 gauge wire to run lights. I run two lights off a 30 amp relay, i have two sets of two, so i have two 30 amp relays. run to one switch. It's much easier running 16/18 gauge wire to the relays, than running the 6 gauge wire to a switch.

A 50 amp switch will only be good for so many lights. You're going to have to do some wattage conversions to figure out how many amps you're going to be pulling.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
relays would make it a helluva lot easier.

you're going to need about 6 gauge wire to run lights. I run two lights off a 30 amp relay, i have two sets of two, so i have two 30 amp relays. run to one switch. It's much easier running 16/18 gauge wire to the relays, than running the 6 gauge wire to a switch.

A 50 amp switch will only be good for so many lights. You're going to have to do some wattage conversions to figure out how many amps you're going to be pulling.
OK, well if I have 50 amps per switch, at 12 watts, then I have 600 watts per switch, or 300 watts per light, or two times what I am going to be running. And I have NO idea why you would run 6 guage wire???

I was planning on running 12 or 10 guage wire to handle a 10 foot run at 30 amps.

Remember that 12 volt uses smaller wire then 110AC. The following website helps

http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/WireCapacityChart.htm

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
relays make it alot easier and cheaper...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts