Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some good news today from my orthapedist--my wrist is finally healed!:rockon I haven't had full use of my left hand/wrist since my quad wreck in September, it's been just over 3 months since my wrist surgery.

Time to celebrate, I'm happier than a pig in shit! As soon as I get my quad done, I'll be riding again.

That is all. Time for a beer.:beer

·
Registered
832 Posts
what happened to your wrist? sprain? brake? glad to hear the news though

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wrecked my quad at Winchestor Bay, OR back in September. Broke my nose even though I was wearing a helmet, 1 broken rib and two broken bones in my left wrist/forearm. Had screws put in my wrist back in October.

It'll take awhile to rebuild strength in my hand and forearm.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
Wrecked my quad at Winchestor Bay, OR back in September. Broke my nose even though I was wearing a helmet, 1 broken rib and two broken bones in my left wrist/forearm. Had screws put in my wrist back in October.

It'll take awhile to rebuild strength in my hand and forearm.
<insert bad masturbation joke here>

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<insert bad masturbation joke here>

I've heard masturbation jokes the entire time my hand/wrist has been wrapped up. I can do left hand backwards again!:toothless

No more stranger with the right hand, the hair on my palm is starting to chafe.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
i figured. i had my right shoulder slung and taped to my chest for 17 weeks. There wasn't one masturbation joke i didn't hear.

are you naturally left handed or right handed?

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,141 Posts
TMI... :goodfinge

Glad to hear your mostly functional again! :thumbup

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right handed fortunately. As far as knuckle babies are concerned, I'm amidexterious.

Edit: TMI??

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,141 Posts
Too Much Info! :goodfinge

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
i figured. i had my right shoulder slung and taped to my chest for 17 weeks. There wasn't one masturbation joke i didn't hear.

are you naturally left handed or right handed?
Nurse Nasty didn't give you a "helping hand" Rob?:toothless

Glad to hear you're getting better Yak:thumbup

Sixlitre

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
Nurse Nasty didn't give you a "helping hand" Rob?:toothless

Glad to hear you're getting better Yak:thumbup

Sixlitre
you ever wipe your ass with your right hand all your life, and then in a day, have to learn how to wipe with your left?

I am lucky i didn't tear my intestines out.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you ever wipe your ass with your right hand all your life, and then in a day, have to learn how to wipe with your left?

Or smear poo all over yourself. How many times did your finger break through the paper?

I couldn't imagine wiping my ass with my left hand. I don't think I could. I'd probably just take a shit and leave the residue there until I shower. Best case scenario, hope for one of them 'clean' exits where residue isn't an issue.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts

Only if I knew I were meeting a terrorist :toothless

No Rob I can say, even in my most painful moments I haven't had to swap hands....yet

Sixlitre

·
Registered
409 Posts
I had to switch hands once...... its really kinda strange how the other hand doesn't seem to reach the same places

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
Or smear poo all over yourself. How many times did your finger break through the paper?

I couldn't imagine wiping my ass with my left hand. I don't think I could. I'd probably just take a shit and leave the residue there until I shower. Best case scenario, hope for one of them 'clean' exits where residue isn't an issue.
I couldn't shower completely the first two weeks, i had this pressure bandage on that if i got wet it failed. It covered most of the right hand side of my chest and back, we don't have a bath tub. I would kind of stick my ass and lower half in the shower stream and wash my ass and the twigs and berries.

all using my left hand which was very, uncoordinated.

I had to switch hands once...... its really kinda strange how the other hand doesn't seem to reach the same places
That and it's like unbridled strong, you can't work pressures like you can with your right hand, if you're right handed. It's like gorilla strong but has the coordination of a drunk.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Glad to hear everything worked out for you. With my left hand I will never be able to ride a quad, snowmobile or dritbike again. I still have a fusion in the wrist coming.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Glad to hear everything worked out for you. With my left hand I will never be able to ride a quad, snowmobile or dritbike again. I still have a fusion in the wrist coming.
That was a possibility that I was facing as well, which is why I'm so damned happy. Granted, I don't think I'll ever have 100% of mobility back, some mobility (about 50%) is better than fusion.

The doctor gave me the go ahead to ride again. I'm going to wait about two months so I can build some strength back up in my hand and forearm.

I quit smoking the day before surgery, ate healthy, ate multi-vitamins/calcium pills, didn't drink any soda, and dranks lots of milk/ate yogurt. It payed off. :rockon

I'm still toying with the idea of getting a copy of one of the x-rays and buying a custom picture frame so I can post it up in my living room.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts