Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else here gone topless yet this year? Or am I the only idiot so far :toothless

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
Ive been topless many times.

Did you just go topless for the first time in the winter?

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
what are you thinking?!:shocked Thats gotta be freezing.

I went topless for the first time last summer and it was near the end. It was the greatest thing ever, so this time im takin it off asap. But i still got about 2-3 months til the rain stops and it warms up.

How you like it so far?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
topless rocks. I try to leave the roof off for the longest time possible.

But its on now., holy hell thats cold.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
You know, what you need is a soft top, a tonneau one, where the rear window unzips. I just happen to know a place to get one.....

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, first time with the top off. I meant anyone else get theirs off this year. I'll edit that. It's a blast! I ran to the store with my brother and his friend and they rode in the back and loved it. I sat in the parking lot and every single person walking by was staring at it, lol! I compensate for the cold by wearing a winter coat and blasting the heat:goodfinge

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
I used to try and put the top down on my stang monthly (When it was my DD it was easier).

It is alot of fun, but it was hard when I was in Blacksburg, VA and there was the possibility of rain at any moment.

But back on topic, I haven't taken the top off mine yet....

·
Registered
712 Posts
Haha, at least y'all can put yer tops back on when weather goes nasty - I'm stuck having my Lincoln parked all the way till summertime, MI springs just blow for staying dry!

·
Registered
593 Posts
my hard top is hanging up in my garage with fishing poles on top of it and crap/a car under it all the time. i've had my top off since '05, i keep 1/2 a soft top on it if it rains.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
I took my top off 2 weekends ago. It was 5 degrees F and I was impressed it was just as warm with the heat on and it was a lot quieter.

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
Taken the top off? Hell, I havn't even driven the truck yet this year.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took my top off 2 weekends ago. It was 5 degrees F and I was impressed it was just as warm with the heat on and it was a lot quieter.
5 degrees F? Quieter with the top off? :scratchhe

None of this post makes sense to me...

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
5 degrees F? Quieter with the top off? :scratchhe

None of this post makes sense to me...
There's very little wind in the enclosed portion of the cab with the top off and a strong heater is more than enough to keep you warm. With the top removed there was also significantly less interior noise than with it on and no interior carpet behind the rear seat. For once my girlfriend and I were able to carry on a normal conversation. Is that better?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting... I guess I wasn't paying attention to road noise when I was driving it.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
My top and doors have been off since last August. As for quieter without the top, I can't say because without doors I get a lot of road noise.

·
Chrome gets me home
2,902 Posts
jack im still waiting for you to get your topless doorless camo wonder up here....but hey look at me (whoring my truck) im topless for the time being too! (its 80 degrees in the daytime)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts