Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around today doing some testing and data collection for my drive cycle development and I passed the transfer station. I had some free time so I stopped at the scale and weighed my truck. The scale rounds to the nearest 20lbs but it's close enough for me. I was out of the truck and I had my usual stuff. No tools, no cargo, no passengers. My back seat was in, top was on and I had 1 spare tire. Given I have 35's, custom bumpers, sliders, half a tank of gas, a 76 D44 up front and a D60 in the rear what do you guys think it weighed?

Let the guessing begin

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bingo. Thought it was a bit on the heavy side but oh well. I've been on that scale before and compared that scale to a known calibrated scale and I know it's right

·
a renegade of funk
3,241 Posts
wish i couldve weighed my shit when i had it packed to move home

with the tools/box and all the rest of my junk back there the rear end was squatting pretty good. i'd say i was close to 6200 and i still pulled about 14 mpgs outta her ass

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Bingo. Thought it was a bit on the heavy side but oh well. I've been on that scale before and compared that scale to a known calibrated scale and I know it's right

Wow i figured mine would be alot heavier than yours since i have the 1ton axles. Mine is 5,680 with me and my toolbox in the back and a half tank

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow i figured mine would be alot heavier than yours since i have the 1ton axles. Mine is 5,680 with me and my toolbox in the back and a half tank
Yeah. I would have guessed closer to 5300. I'll be over 6000 with tools and passengers that I'd typically have with me while wheeling or even travelling. My front bumper is 115lb and the rear is probably 85-90lbs, you dont have either of those. I'd guess my sliders are 30lbs a piece too maybe 40lb. A D60 would be another 150lbs over the 44 I think.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Seems a bit heavy especially as an empty weight.

Sure you weren't sitting in it??? :goodfinge
:histerica:histerica ouch!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Yeah. I would have guessed closer to 5300. I'll be over 6000 with tools and passengers that I'd typically have with me while wheeling or even travelling. My front bumper is 115lb and the rear is probably 85-90lbs, you dont have either of those. I'd guess my sliders are 30lbs a piece too maybe 40lb. A D60 would be another 150lbs over the 44 I think.
My rear bumper is around 60, the sliders prolly close to the same as yours. Dont forget the Fat Overweight D70 in mine that bitch is fawking heavy.

Im gonna weigh it again soon when i get the winch and Roll bar put in.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It amazes me how much Broncos weigh. My red 85 longbed 4x4 (avatar) weighed 4350lbs with me and 10 gallons of gas (390/435/205/D44/9"). It weighed 4600 when it was lifted on 35's with me and 10 gallons of gas (300-6/435/205/44/9).

These were both done on the same certified scale at the local landfill, about 1 year apart.

Justin

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that does seem heavy mine is 5320 with tools supplies and spare for wheeling with me in it.
Once again, you dont have bumpers, sliders or a decent tranny and tcase skidplate (all 1/4"). I'd say that alone is close to 300 lbs. My D60 rear is definitely heavier than the stock 8.8 too. 5300 with cargo seems really light, did you have the back seat in?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I do have sliders and had the back seat in and a full tank of gas when I weighed it but the bumpers are a lot of weight and I don't have carpet either

·
Registered
776 Posts
i never looked so what does a stock one weigh?

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
i never looked so what does a stock one weigh?
:stupid

I always wanted to know what the bronco weighs, give or take, a little. No people, tools, extra crap...etc...etc. I was always going to go get her weighed, but never really got around to it.

KC

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
my 91, SAS 35's and stock bumpers weighed about that...

i ahve a feeling once i have 38's, including a FS spare, one ton running gear and a fully boxed frame and both bumpers...ill be tipping 6000 maybe 6200

dc

1 - 20 of 26 Posts