Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Here is what I have learned through all the building and tuning of the past 6months. Hope it helps.

Tunerpro is not near as good as BE

Core tuning is a good bunch to work

Tuning has a steep learning curve and I am no tuner

For now I have settled on 30# Ford Racing injectors set at 50psi pressure and corresponding changes in the tune.
I do have Siemens 60# for a later update but for now the Bronco pulls strong thru 4500rpm and that's really all it will see.

Transmission tuning is easier than engine tuning. NV base is 40.45 compared to what stock was and I am running 33x12.50 15 Mickey Thompson ATZ3 with a 4.11 gear. (Revs per mile*Gear ratio) / 60. Thanks to jermil01 for posting this info originally. I have set my TV pressures and you can see the values on the attached screen shots. BEAR IN MIND THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS AND MY 427 HAS GT40 HEADS. IF YOU GRENADE YOUR DRIVELINE THAT IS ON YOU.

I installed an Innovate LC2 with my gauge in my expedition console next to my electronic fuel pressure gauge and mechanical oil pressure gauge. I run 14.3 at idle, 58psi oil pressure and 43psi fuel pressure with the vacuum line hooked up (set it at 50 with the line disconnected, plugged) My base timing is mechanically set at 11deg BTDC with the ECM adding as needed.

If you are new to tuning or just want someone to remote tune. I do recommend Adam at core tuning. In summary if you want a stroker, build it. If you live in the middle of nowhere as long as you can get email, you can have the engine tuned remotely. Buy books on tuning and read a few times, visit forums but understand that some people are used to tuning mustangs or other go fast cars and DO NOT understand Broncos. Hope this helps and see ya'll in Moab in a few months. If I am not there, then you can surmise my tune didn't work. :histerica

Attachments

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok not finally, I tried these Siemens 60's and almost ruined my engine. Turns out these were clones.....they had all the correct markings, part numbers but when I installed them they would not open. I checked the injector harness with a noid and I had power. I checked the fuel rails and had plenty of volume/pressure...

The engine wouldnt start at all so I swapped my 30's back in and it fired right up. I made sure my tunes were right but that wasnt the problem...just be careful buying speed parts off fleabay. This seller had 100% rating and the price was on par with others....not cheap as to be obvious...but these injectors are junk...be warned....

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,312 Posts
That's disturbing. I've bought serviced injectors off ebay before without any problems, but who knows, it could be good clones that work for 90% of people and result in good feedback ratings... How did you determine them to be fakes if everything looked correct? Obviously, they didn't work for you, but that alone isn't conclusive.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Resistance across the injectors themselves ......they didnt have any. I ensured I had my fluke MM set so it wouldn't try and autorange...

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,312 Posts
Gotcha. I wouldn't necessarily think that means they're fakes, though. Why do a non-functional fake? That's sure to be a short lived product. They're defective one way or the other, and you would generally figure authentic ones to be less likely to have an entire batch be bad, so I'd consider your assumption likely but not definitive.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm wondering what your interface chip is? is it a quarter horse or something else?

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use a quarterhorse with BE.

I tend to agree that it's not definitive but since my engine wouldnt even try to start and it just cranked and cranked...i had spark so every indicator pointed to fuel.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
finally .....sorta

The saga continues....go in to work at 5pm home at 6am. Sleep till noon, work on bronco till 2 sleep till 430 and repeat...

I've ordered a pro m 80 maf. The signal from my 76mm C&L looks like the swiss alps....so with these 47lb injectors I've solved the running outta fuel above 4k but now I'm trying what is supposed to be a better MAF... wish me luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts