Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Bronce and lately when I start it the idle is super low and it dies. I could gun it a couple times and it would kick in, but now that doesn't help. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
First pull Codes from PCM, the explanations can be copied for free from Ryan McCormick aka: Fireguy50 an FSB member on his site and the code numbers will tell you what's going on, www.fordfuelinjection.com or rjmtechnologies.com
There are threads on "How to Pull Codes" and where the the plug is located.

A quick simple way to check idle would be to warm up the motor, shut it off then disconnect the IAC (Idle Air Control) sensor located on the side of the throttle body and using your tach adjust the TB idle stop screw until you reach the proper idle then re-connect etc. It's located right up near the throttle cables.

There are numerous threads on "How To " clean an IAC that might help first, check that out and maybe using the "Search" tool see what else you can find that might be similar like voltage problems etc.

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I pulled codes and all I got was a code for "Excessive converter clutch slippage" After I went through the diagnostic the problem went away, for a few days so go the IAC route?

And now I have this great TC code to deal with, are there any known threads on "How To" replace the Torque Converteror do I need to do something first (it does shift hard 1st to 2nd and sometimes 3rd at lower RPM.)

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Cleaning the TB or IAC is the easy part, just take them off and use TB cleaner and replace gaskets if necessary, becareful of the solenoid on the IAC that all the TB cleaner has evaporated before you hook it back up or you can fry it.
Check out the "Ultimate Throttle Body" thread with pics ~ :doh0715:

Doesn't AAMCO do free auto evaluations? To replace the Torque converter you have to pull the transmission out to get at it, PITA ~ :smilie_slap

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts