Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what everyone is worried about with these. They were a breeze to install. The only problem is now i have to get a new exhaust. But, i hated my old exhaust anyways. The only time-consuming part was removing the front driveshaft and starter.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
For those who know better, it's not worrying or anything of the sort.

They don't work with a future SAS if it's in your plans, they offer no real performance gains over shorties in our applications, and they're usually just more expensive.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, I think you did a pretty good job. Looking good, I did mine a while ago and it was a pretty easy job to do. The only tough part was running the left tube past the transfer case. I ran mine between the frame and body and it exits infront of the rear tire.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For those who know better, it's not worrying or anything of the sort.

They don't work with a future SAS if it's in your plans, they offer no real performance gains over shorties in our applications, and they're usually just more expensive.
they were only like $130 i think (x-mas present). I have no plans to get rid of my TTB. I actually prefer it. I don't doubt the performance part, i just like the sound of LT's.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Wow, 130 bucks is cheap for them...

But yeah, otherwise, if a SAS is never in your future, then that's not a problem, but IMO, having to do your exhaust around them and losing the nice cut behind the oil pan is a turn off for me.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Other people, including myself, have a harder time installing them because we dont have all that room in the engine compartment. Driver side was easy, but the passenger side is real hard on the later versions and especially the EFI trucks because of all the extra stuff.

·
Registered
91 Posts
mine were simple as well on my 83. had to get a custom y pipe made up but was fine. wish i would have waited untill i had enough money saved up to get the coated ones cause now they look like crap and are all rusty around the collector area. They actually made my exhuast quieter, but a better tone.
And any peformance gains... i didn't feel any though the heads don't flow for crap anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts