Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Crusher Mike
Joined
·
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my SAS thread kinda died off So I thought I would post up the finsished product.

SO here it is Remember Before



The axel almost in


Just after rolling out



Heres the Axel Links and stuff



Remember heheh



TADAA!!





Lower mount Pirated from scott


Upper mount I used the stock from the 79 and Cut welded and braced.



Radius arm brackets Angled 22*


Lastley my Neat sticker



There we go its done I had a few problems at first but got those worked out thanks to scott and clint. it still needs a little alignment but other than that we are ready to play. I got a kitchen pass for tomarrow so I hope to have some flex pictures.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
496 Posts
not bad, glad to see you finished. you gonna paint those brackets, right! It'll look alot better and hide some of those welds. But at least you're done for the most part. :rockon
 

·
Crusher Mike
Joined
·
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yjzonie said:
not bad, glad to see you finished. you gonna paint those brackets, right! It'll look alot better and hide some of those welds. But at least you're done for the most part. :rockon
yeah I ran outta black paint today didnt want to use red.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,541 Posts
Looking much better!!!

I'm very glad to see real hareware and rod ends.

I can't remember, what's in your axles for diff's and gears?

Bud and I are going to run Ajax tomorrow. If you're locked front & rear, have a couple extra BFG's and don't mind body damage come on out and we can help you find the weak links. :toothless
 

·
Crusher Mike
Joined
·
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dogonmut said:
Looking much better!!!

I'm very glad to see real hareware and rod ends.

I can't remember, what's in your axles for diff's and gears?

Bud and I are going to run Ajax tomorrow. If you're locked front & rear, have a couple extra BFG's and don't mind body damage come on out and we can help you find the weak links. :toothless
Noticed A huge differance in the Heims. No front end slop and spaced that track bar bracket.

Where is ajax and what time you running it ??

Oh yeah Im running stock gears Im not locked either that comes for my birthday LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,541 Posts
1clean5.8 said:
Noticed A huge differance in the Heims. No front end slop and spaced that track bar bracket.

Where is ajax and what time you running it ??

Oh yeah Im running stock gears Im not locked either that comes for my birthday LOL
Ajax starts in the wash by the water tower at the end of the upper Woodpecker trail. We're meeting at the Texaco in Gold Canyon at 4pm.

I was just joking about you running it. Your rig is coming along but it's not up to a trail like Ajax. There are no easy lines and no bypasses. It's a 4.25 on a scale of 1-5.

The FSB guys that have run it or have seen me run it will assure you it's not the 1st trail to test your 1/2 ton axle swap on. Clint broke a stock 44 axle shaft on the 1st obsticle...and that's the easy one. Dustin's the only FBS on a 44/8.8 combo I've seen run it successfully...but he's a great driver and knows how his rig is going to react to almost everything...I hate him.

I may have an open seat if you are interested. I won't know until tomorrow. If you're interested call me after 1pm and I'll know for sure.

You're also welcome to drive out to the trail head and walk the trail with us. Ajax is only about 2 miles long. That's what most people do anyway. Just remember to bring alot of liquid to drink.

-Scott
 

·
Crusher Mike
Joined
·
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dogonmut said:
Ajax starts in the wash by the water tower at the end of the upper Woodpecker trail. We're meeting at the Texaco in Gold Canyon at 4pm.

I was just joking about you running it. Your rig is coming along but it's not up to a trail like Ajax. There are no easy lines and no bypasses. It's a 4.25 on a scale of 1-5.

The FSB guys that have run it or have seen me run it will assure you it's not the 1st trail to test your 1/2 ton axle swap on. Clint broke a stock 44 axle shaft on the 1st obsticle...and that's the easy one. Dustin's the only FBS on a 44/8.8 combo I've seen run it successfully...but he's a great driver and knows how his rig is going to react to almost everything...I hate him.

I may have an open seat if you are interested. I won't know until tomorrow. If you're interested call me after 1pm and I'll know for sure.

You're also welcome to drive out to the trail head and walk the trail with us. Ajax is only about 2 miles long. That's what most people do anyway. Just remember to bring alot of liquid to drink.

-Scott
oh come on I want to break all my stuff my first run LOL

Ill give you a call it may be fun to walk it to see what its like. who knows Ill deffinatly call if Im going to meet you out there.
 

·
Diesel Gynachologist
Joined
·
11,531 Posts
ajax is a badass trail but you WILL get body damage, knocked out taillights(I do that pulling into the garage tho) you need to know what your truck is capable off first, you need to know how and what it will climb, how it will react in a off camber situation and when to stop and take a strap. I have gone through it but it was a work out for both myself and my bronco. I did have to take a strap once to get out of a hole I fell into. maybe cause it was wet I dunno but it was good and stuck. oh and you will need sliders. no ifs ands or buts, unless you dont like open your doors. you need them to play piviot man.

One thing you will need to know about wheeling with us is if you do go on a hard trail where body damage is possible you need to accept it.
There is no bitching and spending hours getting around something to avoid scratching the body. We will keep you informed on what to expect out there so you will know before going. Pinstriping is a giving on just about any trail in a fullsize. I dont mind helping to get someone around an obstical unscathed but anything can happen. thatshow most of mine started, tires slipped off a rock and slides the truck over into something. sooner or later you will get over it and not care. it just takes enough wheeling and body damage to do it. Ive finally reached that point. well almost. i still wont take h2h but for more reasons than getting body damage.

ajax,




damn all this talk about ajax I want to go run it today...wish it wasent 1.5+drive!! I still figuring out whats going on today and might be busy tonight but I will let you know. oh fyi I have have some location of trails in the white tanks finally!
 

·
Diesel Gynachologist
Joined
·
11,531 Posts
oh and its kinda of hard to tell from the pictures but your welds look a bit sketch. the track bar one barely looks to be sticking those two peices of metal together. to fast and cold. might concider having someone go back over them and weld them correctly
 

·
Bitchin.
Joined
·
1,871 Posts
Dustin said:
oh and its kinda of hard to tell from the pictures but your wells look a bit sketch. the track bar one barely looks to be sticking those two peices of metal together. to fast and cold. might concider having someone go back over them and weld them correctly
agreed. buzzing the stack of dimes along that piece is crucial to the whole structural support of the rest of the suspension and steering, since you have more forces acting upon the top mount.
 

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
Joined
·
2,443 Posts
Dustin said:
oh fyi I have have some location of trails in the white tanks finally!
More info than what I sent you? I'd like to get my hands on the rest of the GPS coordinates for the trails out there.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top