Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,I finished the transmission swap and found that the output shafts are different. I asked for comments or help and no one knew if a 2wd aod transmission(w/o tailshaft) would work in place of the 4wd aod. It will work,but you have to gut both transmissions to swap the tailshafts. I know most of you guys dont run aod's but, for those that do...just a little info. I have pics of the shafts but could'nt figure out how to add them to the message...lol...haha.

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
If you like you can e-mail them to me and I can put them up. I don't have an aod, but I have a C6 I'll be rebuilding soon and wouldn't mind seeing some of a trannys innards. I think my e-mail is in my profile. :confused:

·
1,739 Posts
Cool! Definitely.

:chili:

·
1,739 Posts
Nothing that would be too much trouble. Is this something you are rebuilding or is it just being stored?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Right now it just sitting under my work bench. I'm planning on rebuilding it after the first of the year. I won't be any trouble at all. I need a reason to go preasure wash the Bronco anyways.:thumbup

·
1,739 Posts
I have a wheel well I need to pressure wash so I can spray some under coat. Just getting cold round here. If you could take some pics when you do the rebuild that would be great. I'm occupied with working on some wheel rust right now and then I need to redo my two steel tranny lines. With the snow hopefully coming soon most work will be put off until I can add a side door to my garage so I can run a heater without losing the hot air to get out the garage door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts