Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's finally done! :thumbup This was a cheap investment that I was just gonna put a motor in and sell, but that quickly gave way to new 360, new rear axle, new column, one piece axles, detroit locker, and a bunch of chrome.
Took some pics this morning after the new (new to me) 35"s were installed. What'cha think?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Like i always say there is no suck thing as a finished vehicle, just a satisfied owner who hasnt seen the newer mods yet...

But ANYWHO nice looking jeep.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Looks good... but Im suggesting some lift... so the tires have some room to stuff in the fenders. :thumbup

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
nice, but it looks funny, the tires are way to big

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tires were free, so they're stayin :toothless I know they're big, but they keep the rpms lower on the freeway. I'm not really worried about them rubbing becuase it's a pavement princess, if I want to wheel I take the Yota. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
STUPID said:
Tires were free, so they're stayin :toothless I know they're big, but they keep the rpms lower on the freeway. I'm not really worried about them rubbing becuase it's a pavement princess, if I want to wheel I take the Yota. :thumbup
"becuase it's a pavement princess".......We dont say that anymore...We put bars on it and call it a rock climber.......

·
Registered
44 Posts
STUPID said:

You could always do a little fender trimming......

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Trim the fenders and install TJ flares. You won't be disappointed.

Edit: And if you weren't gonna wheel it, you wouldn't have installed a Detroit.....

You'll rub those tires, even on pavement, unless your suspension has NO give whatsoever. The TJ flare mod should allow you to not have to put any more lift on there, though.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
peteyg said:
Trim the fenders and install TJ flares. You won't be disappointed.

Edit: And if you weren't gonna wheel it, you wouldn't have installed a Detroit.....

You'll rub those tires, even on pavement, unless your suspension has NO give whatsoever. The TJ flare mod should allow you to not have to put any more lift on there, though.
The locker and axles were dirt cheap, and the locker does make for some killer burnouts :toothless
I've put prolly 100 miles on it today and the tires haven't rubbed yet. I guess the Jeep wasn't done yet either, cuase I just bought a bikini top for it:

If I do get some rubbing I'll check into those TJ flares. My buddy just "flatfendered" his TJ, and I'll gank his old flares. Thanks :thumbup
Off topic, but does anyone know if that 1200 degree engine paint will last on those side pipes? I've had shit luck painting headers w/ it, but the pipes prolly don't get as hot.....right?

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
looks good. are you gonna put an FSB sticker on it?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sway said:
Looks good, but I say lift it. Dude, how meny cars you got?
Six right now, seven by the end of this week hopefully :thumbup

appy said:
I just love how you always seem to get the bronco in the background.:rofl:
Oh yeah, that jeep thing looks ok too.:toothless :thumbup
I love my Bronco :toothless

1 - 20 of 20 Posts