Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally finished up my little interior refresh project.. neoprene seat covers, new stereo, new carpet, tuffy center console and my favorite part is my custom made switch panel in the console. Sorry the pictures aren't the best, took them with my cell phone...

camo wrap trim and gauge bezel
IMAG0245.jpg

shot of the interior with console closed
small console.jpg

pic of the switch panel i made, i like that i was able to add the aux stereo input, and the usb stereo input, two extra power points and switches for future off road lights.
IMAG0248.jpg

Of course now there are a few other things i'd like to do/add like hiding a sub in one of the rear cubbies, but money will have to catch up first!
Hope you all enjoy...
:beer

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nicely done , love the camo accents !!!

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Good looking seat covers, did you do them yourself? If you bought them (as opposed to having an upholstery shop make them), who did you get them from?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good looking seat covers, did you do them yourself? If you bought them (as opposed to having an upholstery shop make them), who did you get them from?
I got them from coverking... it's their "cheap" version of neoprene. I'm really happy with them although it took a week or so to get them because they don't make them until you order them (or so they say on the receipt)

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Thanks, I'll take a look at their site.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Thats looks pretty darn nice. Was wondering where to get neoprene covers..thanks for the info!

·
Registered
14 Posts
that looks fantastic man! i love the camo and the switch's look very clean.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone... i think it turned out very well all in all... I have the explorer overhead console i still need to wire in... i'm especially happy with the switch tray though, it came out better than i imagined...
:twotu:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How did you do the camo accents???? Thats a cool touch. :beer
I have to thank my years covering R/C airplanes... I sanded the trim pieces down to rough them up, then cleaned with isopropyl alcohol to clean them and remove any finger oils. Then I ordered a vinyl decal sheet off Ebay, then spent freaking HOURS trimming with a small x-acto knife and stretching with a heat gun over all the curves etc... The toughest parts were the door pieces because not only do you have to wrap around the edges you also have the curve towards the front of the door... I only wanted small accents, so the trim pieces, a gauge bezel i bought off ebay, and the switch panel is what got covered. It was more of a way to kind of bring the whole thing together... ;)

I actually wanted to do liquid coating, BUT that would have cost me over a hundred dollars, this cost me like 15...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info. I might have to bite that from you!:goodfinge
No worries... what's that they say? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? Which is what we're all here for anyway, lord knows i've gotten more information here than i ever could anywhere else... gotta love the hive brain.

I got the vinyl sheet from ebay, a seller called "metrostyling". I found it was easiest to remove all the trim pieces of course and apply them inside on the kitchen table...

:beer

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here are a few more pics of the trim pieces...

close-up of the gauge cluster
IMAG0244.jpg

dash..
IMAG0246.jpg

door/dash
IMAG0249.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
where did you get your carpet from, mine is in need of new carpet bad!

·
trying to go fast!!
1,082 Posts
Looks good! Great work!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts