Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to buy an FIPK system my question is if i have a mass airflow sensor do i also have a speed density sensor? i ask this cuz i know i have a MAF but i have no idea wat the sensor is that goes right in to the top of the airbox? and i dont want to buy the wrong thing i am prety sure i just need to buy the mass air flow sensord version but want to be sure by the way its a 94 302 bronco thanx for eny help yall can give me

·
Registered
79 Posts
if you have one air tube from the throttle body to the air filter box you have mas air if you have two tubes you havespeed density

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
speed density and mass air are separate. you cant have both. most 94's didnt have mass air.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
You'll know if you have mass-air.

I believe the sensor you are talking about...That goes into the stock airbox on the right hand side is the air intake temp sensor. With a full fipk kit, they provide a small gasket and bracket kit to mount it up and out of the way. A few people on the board, including myself have cut it, spliced wire into it, and drilled a hole inside the intake tube itself to give it a little more accurate reading, Its not necessary tho.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok im only askin this because i realy want it to be a mass airflow cuz of the hole its way pinchi cheeper... it goes from my throtle body and has 2 hoses that come out of it and go for about 10"-12" and then into one large hose wich goes to the airbox... so i have a mass airflow right?

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
two hoses into one should be mass air.

if you have two hoses the whole way into the air box then it should be speed density.

If your 94 302 came from cali, more than likely it is mass air also.

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
If I remember correctly, 94 302's from california all got mass air, and some 302's elsewhere did. 351's didn't. 95 302's were mass air everywhere, all 351's in california were, and some 351's elsewhere. In 96 all should be mass air.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts