Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning I tried to check my favorite forum, as I do every day on my Win10 PC with the latest FireFox browser and AdBlockPlus (set to block the unnecessary fields on the right hand side from loading).

As soon as the site loads up in my FireFox browser, I got a pop-down notification for these stupid PUSH notifications. I don't have any kind of mobile device to PUSH too.
In the FF browser, the drop-down wouldn't acknowledge attempts to Deny or Accept but it keeps re-loading and re-appearing on each page I could manage to get to.
Because I can't dismiss it... it's blocking respond/reply field from loading... effectively blocking me from communicating on the site at all.
It also appeared to be blocking all drop-down menus and some links from working at all.

First I managed to get into my Account Details / Preferences and tried to reset all PUSH BS to eliminate and save. It appears to save but the pop-down notice kept coming and blocking.
I tried to disable ABP to see if my blocking elements was an issue or if ABP was messing with the pop-down notice, so it couldn't recognize my attempts to dismiss it.
While the blocked elements for the right side windows immediately returned, no other changes happened. The problem still persists.

Finally, I reached out to Mr. schwim, who's email I was lucky enough to have used in the past.
He suggested trying another browser. After smacking my head, I loaded up Microsoft Edge and was able to get on the site.
The push notice showed up again but this time, I was able to dismiss it by denying and the site appears to be working for me, through the MS Edge browser.

I thought I'd check again in FireFox, since I'd been able to dismiss the PUSH notice to my account, through the different browser but it re-appeared in FF and no positive change was effected... at least, not so far. That might change after a bit more time for it to seep into the other browser settings, in accordance with my FSB account settings but I'm not sure... especially wince we've had all these changes.

The only other noteworthy information I can share on this issue may be a big one and that was that last night, I accepted the FireFox update to version 73.0.1

I refuse to use anything "Google" so I won't use the Chrome browser and I'm not a fan of MS Edge either, so I would really appreciate it if we could get this issue fixed in the new FireFox browser.

* special THANKS to @schwim for helping me out during my frustrated floundering about and the apparent temporary loss of my trouble shooting experience.

Now... SOMEBODY, PLEASE HELP ME!!!! @fullsize

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,707 Posts
Firefox is so 2005! 🙃

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,707 Posts
🤣😂😀

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,885 Posts
@AG Jeff how does that help when he was using fire fox when experiencing these issues?

Is it working on FF now @BikerPepe` ? When in doubt log out in FF, dump cache, cookies, and history then re log in. Might help... Might not...

·
35,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Recently switched to Brave on the advice of a friend in IT Security. Apparently FireFox has pretty much sold out and I don't appreciate companies or products that don't appreciate my privacy.

I did have to laugh about AG Jeff's comment though.

me: I'm having issues with FireFox working on the site. Help!
them: Try using FireFox. The site is optimized for it.

canned response much?

·
Administrator
124 Posts
Recently switched to Brave on the advice of a friend in IT Security. Apparently FireFox has pretty much sold out and I don't appreciate companies or products that don't appreciate my privacy.

I did have to laugh about AG Jeff's comment though.

me: I'm having issues with FireFox working on the site. Help!
them: Try using FireFox. The site is optimized for it.

canned response much?
Sorry I use Chrome and missed that you were using Firefox. Internet Explorer and Mircosoft edge has had some issues in the past.

Chrome is really one of the best browsers out there for this community and most others.

Jeff M

·
35,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Appreciate the input Jeff but I avoid Google stuff like the Corona Virus. This site is about as far as I go when it comes to companies making money by turning me into a product.

I've since switched to the "Brave" browser. I'm still having some of the same issues around here... random errors when I try to submit a post or even give a quick thumbs up. Same error has repeated and even tossed me a 404 error page, that explains a 405 error... or something like that. I know I'm not the only one as 50% of the time I get those errors, I end up with double or triple posts. I know I'm not the only one as I just read another thread where 1 user re-posted 6 times. I have to assume that he was also dealing with the same issue because I've never seen a 6x posting in all my years around here... unless he's got the palsy or something.

FWIW, I don't have these issues on other forums. Just FSB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts