Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doing a 351w swap to my 91..BTW ive been post whoring like crazy thanx for all the help from everyone

ordered the Comp Cam 35-255-5 $155
* Duration at .050 in.: 210 / 214
* Gross valve lift: 0.478 / 0.485
* Lobe separation: 114
problem is that its on a 10 day back order...with the swap plans less than 10 days away. There is no way it will get here in time.
So i tried the edelbrock and same thing on the wait
The crane cams cam from the HOW TO PICK CAM thread is nice but the lift is barely larger than stock

Buddy of mine has a performance shop and said get the cam u want and we will put a chip in ur truck and program the computer to like it...this possible/feasable?? and if so what cam should i go with...i want it to run well...not good...it can have a throaty rough idle...but the problem is ive got stock intake manifolds(for now) and stock heads...is it worth paying XXX amount of extra dollars to drop in a beefy cam or just get the 352555 CC one and be done...

he said 225 to make me a chip and tune the motor to accept the cam and everything needed yadadada...good deal to me...but then again...is it worth it...

if it were you guys what would ya do...go with a beefy cam(i have no idea where to start w/ intake/exhaust numbers here), or just throw the EFI cam in and save 300 bux

dc

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
I would just wait for the right cam. I know exactly how you feel about wanting to get it done but I'm sure you will regret it. It'll just cost you more money and time later to try and get it to run right. I have the Edelbrock cam #3782 but I also have heads, intake, headers, the works. I think there are guys on here that have put in that cam and kept the stock intake and heads and liked the added performance. Anyway that's my .02 wait for the right one and do it right the first time.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
Comp Cam 35-255-5 is the best option for standard cam upgrades
call around, summit, jegs.......
call comp cams too see if there are other dealers that have it in stock

1 - 3 of 3 Posts