Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running without my tab and tab solinoid connected to any thing but the 93 Mustang 5.0 harness. It is bloing the codes fore Thermactic air right and left side.

Is there a way to make these codes on the KAM and KOER . I mean I dont think its enough to keep The EEC-IV from going into closed loop. But I dont think you are using them. If you are not do you just Ignore the codes or did you find a way around them.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
ignor the codes and leave the stuff off it you want.
The codes do nothing to the actual enigne programing.
Go read my site:
http://fordfuelinjection.com/eec.html
http://fordfuelinjection.com/strategies.html
You'll learn a lot and know how the failure mode stuff works.

No I don't have them, and No I don't get any codes.
But I have a custom programable chip in my EEC, so I can do anyhting I want, when ever I want :goodfinge And it runs like stock.

That's why I'm cool, and your still trying :cool:
How many oxygen sensors do you have? :boxing

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gacknar said:
I mean I dont think its enough to keep The EEC-IV from going into closed loop.
:lolup This is wy Ishould not be aloud to post at 2:30 In the morning after drinkinka quart of vadka.

I meant open loop.

I actually read your intire site front to back when I was only lurking here. Your overview of stratagies is quit possibly the best explination of what the EEC is doing at any given time, that I have everseen.

I also own and have read the book by Charls D Probst you list on your referances page. But I read it in 1998, so its been a long time, maybe I should read it agin.

Fireguy50 said:
How many oxygen sensors do you have?
Actually that's a funny story I have 3.

2 HEGO's hooked up to the EEC and located 3" past the headers in the Y pipe.

And the old non heated EGO senser is being used to plug the hole in my right Lightning header, but it obviosly is not hooked up to the EEC. Its just along for the ride.

You can kinda see the old EGO at the left of the picture, and the plug dangiling next to the header.

:D

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
I have a bung for a HEGO, but I only use it for initial programing:

No O2 sensors are being used on my truck for over 2 years :cool: :thumbup

You haven't open the Probst book sense 98 :shocked
I use most of my books weekly. But Probst has flaws.

The EEC computer knows how to seperate systems in the programing. The TAB TAD are part of the Auxilary programs in it's own Thermactor program. So it doesn't effect the other stuff.

To keep the computer from goinmg into closed loop (you had it right the first time) Really is hard. Tempiture effects closed loop, so does unpluging your O2 sensors. Other than that it's hard to prevent closed loop.

You probably ment Failure mode. Most people assume failure mode is a limp program that bairly runs the engine. However this is false, the computer can amputate a sensor or program from the rest and continue to operate. Most of the time it substitutes guessed data for the failed sensor and keeps on running perfectly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts