Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bottom Line. 2 Different Stores.

First one: "None of us here know how to align your truck." "It's lifted so the specs are different. 260$ plus new cams. Come back tommorow."

Second one: "Uhhh our equipment wont fit on your aftermarket rim." "our computers dont have your vehicles alignment specs." " we dont touch lifted vehicles" and finally the truth " We just dont wanna do it."

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Break out the tape measure and string, do it yourself. :thumbup

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't sears NTB now or whatever? haha and it was -17 this morning I dont think I am busting anything out in that weather...the truck barely wanted to start.

and no we have no les schwabs...there is a truck shop nearby i believe...but i was looking for the Lifetime to save some money down the road you know

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
I had the same problem.

Do what I did, find a small specialty shop that is real expensive but prioritizes customer service.

I went here.
http://www.butlertire.com/
You don't have those in Chicago, but I bet you have something similar.

When I told the guys in the shop the trouble I had with other shops refusing to align it, they kinda smiled.

They said
"We get that a lot here, they are just too lazy to do it"

They aligned it with a smile, and even had me bring it back in a week later to check it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much is expensive to you Gack haha? i have a shop similar to that nearby, i was going to call around and see what the rates were

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
How much is expensive to you Gack haha? i have a shop similar to that nearby, i was going to call around and see what the rates were
It was $230.00, drive out.

2 camber bushings and about 1.5 hours of work. I stood in the shop with them wile they did it. As many times as the rocked/swung the truck (rolling it back and forth), and the return visit (about 30 minuts) they earned it.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
find a mom and pop style alignment shop...something like gack is talking about. More knowledgeable people, better work, and they will stand behind it and get it right.

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
I get mine aligned at Firestone with a 6" lift and 35's. Hell, I even got the lifetime alignment package from them.

I pulled in one day and asked because I saw an early 90's lifted F-150 sitting there all the time so I figured it belonged to someone who works there. The guy who owns the truck is their alignment guy. We've talked and I'm happy with his work.

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
I'm getting mine done by the locally-owned NAPA shop. They claim $60, with a 1-year guarantee, not counting possible camber bushings. I'll see how it goes on Wednesday.

·
Lick my
2,086 Posts
Hey Bigbluke, where do you live near in Chicago? I can recommend some good shops, but Im up on the north side.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well arnt you just lucky Ironclad...firestone said theyd do mine, for almost twice the cost of a normal alignment

83bronco5.0: I live just south of Chicago, about 30 minutes, near joliet off 55....

sewiv...judging by your pics in that balljoint thread of yours, haha you might as well pay for the new bushings. I mean you already replaced everything else right?

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
You have to find someone that doesnt use an alignment machine. just call around and ask. usually the old timers will do it.

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
sewiv...judging by your pics in that balljoint thread of yours, haha you might as well pay for the new bushings. I mean you already replaced everything else right?
Yup. I will happily pay for new bushings, since every other dang thing is new.

·
Lick my
2,086 Posts
Unless you are willing to travel a little bit, I cant be of much use in that area. Theres a few places that I know have done work on lifted trucks but they are all up on the north end of the city.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
You have to find someone that doesnt use an alignment machine. just call around and ask. usually the old timers will do it.
Or better, someone who knows how to use the machine. You will never get TTB right with a string.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts