Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the first all highway trip with the new engine tonight. Drove to Athens to meet the girlfriend for dinner. About 80 miles there and 80 miles back. Plus driving while we were there.

Averaged right at 16 MPG. If I had cut out some of the fast passing and about 20 minutes of idle time I think I could have gotten better. Not bad for a truck with 33s, stock gears and 4 way unbalanced tires:thumbup

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Took the first all highway trip with the new engine tonight. Drove to Athens to meet the girlfriend for dinner. About 80 miles there and 80 miles back. Plus driving while we were there.

Averaged right at 16 MPG. If I had cut out some of the fast passing and about 20 minutes of idle time I think I could have gotten better. Not bad for a truck with 33s, stock gears and 4 way unbalanced tires:thumbup
Pretty frickin' good

That's with the new engine in there GT?

Sixlitre

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty frickin' good

That's with the new engine in there GT?

Sixlitre
Yup, new longblock. MSD tuneup, timing at 13* and the headers and exhaust. Running Mobil1. Everything else is stock.

·
Super Moderator
26,317 Posts
16 mpg; on I 95 to NC and back; total of 1100 miles or so w'speeds up to 75

rural driving is 14 mpg; have to reduce cargo and add-on weights soon.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
400 miles average speed 60 mph. 14 mpg. 35's 3.55's and a ZF. That was my last trip home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts