Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1991 XLT 5.0L 302ci
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all, after years of sitting, waiting, wishing and saving. I finally bought my first bronco. I've been dabbling on the forum for months, so what I know about these trucks is from what I read on her. I've been shopping on marketplace, craigslist, offer up you name it, I inquired. I'm in Austin (not a huge demand here), so I broadened my search to literally every corner of the state. The few I found were either A out of my price range or B complete rust buckets.

A few weeks ago I started chasing a few on ebay with no luck, until I found the one I bought. Long story short, I was outbid and lost this truck to another buyer, a few days later the seller messages me and says the buyer didnt pay so he was offering it to me at my highest bid. I agreed to buy it yesterday, placed the deposit and finalizing the deal today, all via ebay..... Oh one more thing, the bronco is in Seattle, 2200 miles away.

Its a 1991 XLT 5.0 I bought it sight unseen, nor inspected. Per the ad No mechanical issues and it runs and drives. Seller claims motor replaced at Ford dealership and has paperwork for proof. Lots of pictures of the engine bay and undercarriage. I am taking the sellers word, (and a handful of high quality pictures) on condition. FWIW the dealer moves classic trucks pretty regularly and comes highly rated on ebay. Aside from the obvious and what I have pictures of I know nothing else about the truck.

How am I getting it to Austin? The dealer offered me his pricing to transport it about $900, but he encouraged me to make the drive back home in it, not to save money but to enjoy the scenery. (I'm going to post this same question in another post in this forum)

I hope to use this as my daily driver and I plan to keep it as stock as possible.

·
Super Moderator
24,684 Posts
Yo XLTexas91,
Welcome and best of fortune on your 91 trip home.

Here is the 1990 F Series/Bronco Pre-Delivery Shop & Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM), Partial by member Kingfish999 in Google Drive (similar to your 91) @ 1990 Ford Truck service manuals - Google Drive
Slow scrolling for my slow Comcast Highest Cost Blast Internet..
➡Suggest you download the docs for faster scrolling and to use the page index and have it on your cell phone in event you may need it.

For any questions, or to chat about it's planned build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie section. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to view).

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to Use Search and more tips!

Look @ Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

Please find time to participate and VOTE in our Full-Size of the Quarter & Full-Size of the Year Contests @ F.O.T.M Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes⚠ They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!

Al

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,185 Posts
Nice ride 👍 If u do elect to ship it, I used a group called montway...a lil over $900 for enclosed shipping from bumfuq Texas to Northwest pa and they arrange everything for pickup with the seller... I have a discount code I can share for like $50 off if u wanna go that route. Personally idk that I'd drive it... How long has it sat? How old is the gas and other fluids? How good are the tires and brakes... Too many shtf problems that could come up with a new to u truck on a several hours long drive... But... Congrats again... My first love was a black 90 bricknose 👍

·
Registered
1991 XLT 5.0L 302ci
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice ride 👍 If u do elect to ship it, I used a group called montway...a lil over $900 for enclosed shipping from bumfuq Texas to Northwest pa and they arrange everything for pickup with the seller... I have a discount code I can share for like $50 off if u wanna go that route. Personally idk that I'd drive it... How long has it sat? How old is the gas and other fluids? How good are the tires and brakes... Too many shtf problems that could come up with a new to u truck on a several hours long drive... But... Congrats again... My first love was a black 90 bricknose 👍

Thanks for recommendation and the input. Unfortunately I'm not 100 percent sure on how old fluids and gas are, the drive might be out of my wheelhouse.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,185 Posts
Might be a safer option to ship then unless the PO can give u more insight into how long it's sat.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
It is essentially a Ford truck in great condition (from the pictures). As long as she doesn't get hot and shifts smoothly on a 50 miles test run..... I would drive the wheels off the thing all the way back to Texas.

Crazy how you found one on the other side of the country when the next state West ( Arizona) has some of the best rust free Broncos on the planet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts