Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

First Bronco, First Ford - 93 XLT 5.8L E4OD

182 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  SRWillis
Howdy FSB -
couldn't be happier to be a part of this group, the knowledge on here and Miesk's input and help has been invaluable.

Bought my Bronco a few weeks ago from a fella here in Fort Worth, he got it in Austin on a "barn find". He grew up with a Bronco and did some updates on this one and lost interest (aka the wife made him sell). owners before put in some faux or real alligator leather trim and seats

Happy with the deal I got, and have a short commute to work so sold my daily driver car and got into this.. missed having a truck and something to work on, and feels good to have 8 cylinders under the hood again.

Doesn't have a radio and needs some love on the interior (rip in seats, needs new headliner, missing rear panels) and exterior (get hood repainted)

Previous owner put in new carpet and sound deadener, remanufactured steering column and turn signal switches, 2" suspension lift, 33" BFG all terrains, MSD ignition, Chevy Tahoe rear seat, new rear window and motor, all new window seals and weatherstripping, AC charge, heater core, brake pedal switch, fuel pump, rear driveshaft, steering components, all new suspension. aftermarket exhaust sounds great too

Immediate fixes:
waiting on repaired or new ECM to fix leaky capacitor issue
need to fix fuse 13 and short on rear taillights / brake lights (they don't work and won't pass inspection)
spare tire squeaks like crazy, thinking its the size of the spare that's causing it but haven't taken it off yet to confirm

was driving great for a 4 days as a daily before bogging down on my way home from work and limped it home. hopefully the ECM is the fix

happy to be a FSB owner and looking forward to getting to know you all

See less See more
  • Love
Reactions: 3
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Welcome to our community!
I see oversized tires on it. Make sure you calibrate your PSOM for those tires if it hasn't been done already. Simple 5 minute thing will make your truck more alive than it is and your trans will thank you for it as well.
Reactions: 1
Welcome! Was this for sale on FB Marketplace and/or Craigslist? It looks really familiar to me.
Welcome! Was this for sale on FB Marketplace and/or Craigslist? It looks really familiar to me.
affirmative, was listed on both
Reactions: 1
Welcome to our community!
I see oversized tires on it. Make sure you calibrate your PSOM for those tires if it hasn't been done already. Simple 5 minute thing will make your truck more alive than it is and your trans will thank you for it as well.
good stuff, thanks sackman. let's hope PSOM and the reset buttons and everything even works to be able to do that :)
Welcome to FSB and congrats on the nice 93! I really like the color. Seams like you have a good handle on what it needs
1 - 6 of 6 Posts