Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fella's...... and fellette's. I'm sure there are a few of the fairer of our species on board. ;)

95 FSB, 302, 80,000 Kilometers, or to my friends south of the border, 50,000 miles. Purchase price: $2600. Heck of a steal up here where $2500 gets you a rusted out full on project. :beer

Soooo, new to Bronco's and new to Ford. Not new to the boards and building toys. Completely amateur, but I'm a cheap ol' sob, so I do my own shyte as best I can with what I have to work with. I have all the tools, just no suitable shop. :banghead
I can build a vehicle from the ground up, mechanically speaking because my body skills suck, but recently turned to this fine board and it's members because a bloody fuel filter was kicking my azz. Just before ripping it out of the tank completely, I noticed it looked like an expensive fuel line. Thanks to the board, I found out the little stainless clips could be acquired from Napa. They even had them in stock. Shocking for a small town parts depot in the middle nowhere. So after cutting the filter off, picking the old one out and popping in the new, I already saved a couple hundred bucks thanks to you folks.:rockon
Couple picks of my Bronco. So far I love it.
Obviously forgot to turn off the date after reinstalling the battery in the camera, but these are from a couple days ago.
Body and paint were done four years ago and someone walked off with a bunch of parts from the shop. I found 1 badge so far, but no tire carrier.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I gutted the truck immediately and found they even painted the entire inside.
No signs of rust or any previous repairs to the floors. Rare up here in the salt belt. Also swapped out all the fluids and greased the slip yoke. Followed it up with a good oiling underneath and a few cans of Fluid Film every where else. For those of you who have never used Fluid Film, get some. It stays put where ever you apply it. Best stuff ever put in a rattle can followed closely by PB Blaster. ;)
It took a right side ebrake cable and a muffler to pass inspection. As alot of you already know, in Ontario Canada we have strict safety inspection laws to pass when you first register a vehicle. Also it's dropped off the redbook value list up here and can be insured as a collector. $80 a year with collision and roadside assist.:rockon

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,411 Posts
Welcome! Cool Bronco. :thumbup If you're really "a cheap ol' sob", keep an eye open for Sixlitre's threads. He has saved us a bundle over the years.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate it fells's.
I do believe I've already been into sixliters bag of tricks. My main goal was to have it ready for a trouble free winter.
First thing I learned was that the approach angle is greatly reduced from that of a TJ on 35's. I uhhh, "tweaked" the rear bumper coming back down a climb I had no business attempting with those TA's on there. But hey, new rig. Just had to go see what trouble I could get into. Winch install before I go there again. :beer
I know, dont wheel alone, but I didnt get anywhere that my buddies from CAA couldnt get to me. :whiteflag

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Welcome to FSB ~ :thumbup

Looks to be in real good condition, nice score Brother! :rockon

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again folks.
Just trying to find time to crawl all over this Bronco. My busy season for my business right now, so it's hard, but slowly getting aquainted.
Found it has a kit called Airlift 1000 in the front. I dropped the preasure to 6lbs and let 15lbs out of the tires down to 33. Took all the chatter out of the steering. I could tell if a coin was heads or tails when I run it over before airing down. :rofl:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts