Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to introduce myself let you guys know what I am doing and what I plan on doing also put out there that I am really open to suggestions as this is my first real "big" 4wd project.
:
What Ive got in the stable right now is an '82 Bronco silver/black two tone.
It came with a set of 33" Xterrains, no lift, 4spd t18 not original,300, 9", straight body. Took along time to find this steed. I have gutted the whole thing, bought a whole new I6 motor from clifford :doh0715: .w/ redline tbi:goodfinge
It is now installed and running sort of. Actually I took it down to my wrench (really need a break from this thing)today to pull the tranny because of a missing gally plug inside the bellhousing and sticky valve train from starting w/ no oil pressure.:whiteflag
Oil pouring! out the bottom of the bh. This has been a long long engine swap. getting everything from clifford took 6-8 months. then sorting it all out replacing stuff, finding stuff, you know.
Cool part is that I drove her for the first time today, only about 25yds,up the mechanics drive way off the trailer, stuck valve and all, holy ****! talk about torque! :thumbup It felt like it had been regeared and big blocked. I know to, used to have a '79 BB w/460, 4.56. I think this will out wheel that one though, especially when I junk the ttb. Can't really decide which way to go w/the sas though. 44 or 60? I dont want to hack the fenders to much so I probly wont go over 35s, old one had 40s.
I also own an 84 f150 300-6 4 spd, and 85 f250 supercab 460 4spd all 4x4s yes I am a Ford guy.
Anyway once it is running it will go the the painters for new silver w/ midnight blue stripe. I have pretty much all new interior and exterior trim to go on after paint. resto stuff. Planning on new bumpers fabbed w/hd sway away tire/jack/gas can out back prerunner style tube front w/winch, roll cage, nodular case for the 9", lockers front and rear (arb)? Ive got about 10 grand budgeted to finish this thing, Paint will be 4-5. So Ive got about 5 to spend on axles, suspension, tires. I'd like to hear how some of you would do or redo if you had this budget, lift wise. Iwant it to be very driveable in (almost) any conditions. I want my wife and kids to be safe and comfortable as possible. Thats all for now I will post pics on this thread when I get to it.:smokin:

·
Garage kept
1,185 Posts
welcome

·
Support by becoming a
1,314 Posts
:chili: Welcome to FSB.:chili:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts