Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those mutha effin' arms decided to go down when I was half way up on the damn track and now my $35 CB antenna is broken. No reciept, no packaging (because my father decided it was too dirty in the shop, and he "cleaned" everything out, aka he threw all my s*** away), no way to pay for another one, no way to use my (somewhat s***ty due to reception) CB that I JUST bought like a month ago.

I want to call the city up and demand $35 for their damages. I have some nicks in my fiberglass top but I'm not even worried about those right now.

:banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't believe that you have to contact the city, I think that you have to contact the railroad. Even though you don't have a reciept I would do it any way. No one has the reciepts for ever thingthey own. Just explain what happened and ask who your suppose to contact. It sure can't hurt to try.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just a question here... how is it the railroads fault... while it is theoretically possible that something triggered those arms other than a train, I've never seen it happen, so if we operate under the theory that there was a train coming and you ignored the little flashing lights and bells, you should count yourself lucky that you're even alive... I used to live next to a RR crossing that people ignored because the trains were traveling at about 65mph the arms came down before you could hear the train... that crossing averaged 6 fatalities per year....

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bamataco1 said:
I don't believe that you have to contact the city, I think that you have to contact the railroad. Even though you don't have a reciept I would do it any way. No one has the reciepts for ever thingthey own. Just explain what happened and ask who your suppose to contact. It sure can't hurt to try.
Yeah.

The railroad would probably say "should have watched out" but I was already half way up the road and NO lights or signal bells went off, what was I supposed to do?

I don't know. I'm just pissed, I'll probably just end up selling the damn CB if I can't get the antenna. I have NO way to pay for another one.

·
Banned
6,930 Posts
The warning alarm starts clanging well before the arms start to come down giving you plenty of time to stop. Sort of like a yellow traffic light. Sounds like you tried to beat the stop...:twak

I lived in a small RR town (Fortville, IN) with a crossing just 1½ blocks away.

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
'Fess up, Spaz, you tried to beat the stop, didn't you? The RR isn't going to do anything for you. My wife works with a lady who's husband is an engineer... the stories he tells ...

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Sell your CB because you cant get an antenna? I don't know about you, but I never use my CB. I hardly ever use it on trail rides with the guys from FSB. I wouldnt be so heart broken about it. We all get pissed over little things though. Right now I am really pissed about a stomp pad that I cannot get to stick to my snowboard and it is driving me insane. So thats like 15 bucks down the drain. They dont give refunds. Just gotta move on.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MDA, I'd bet you're right.

To everyone else, NO, I was not trying to beat anything. I was driving just as everyone else was. I was just the one half way onto the track.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
Marauder said:
Right now I am really pissed about a stomp pad that I cannot get to stick to my snowboard and it is driving me insane.
LocTite Makes an adhesive that is stronger than super glue. You might want to try that, it's everything proof and is completely set in 24 hours. The machinist at work used it to glue one of the operator's shoes to the floor, we ended up having to get a tile scraper to get them off and it ruined the shit out of the boots.

BrokeCuzWheelin said:
Aren't thos fiberglass whips like $15-$17? I don't think I paid even $35 for my pair of whips. Just go buy a new one.
My 4' fiberglass whip was under $20.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
You cant afford an antenna? but you drive a bronco? this dont add up.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chris85xlt said:
my antenna has a 5 year warrenty. when i broke it i just brought in the stub and they gave me a new one
I don't have a stub, nor the packaging. They won't let me bring it back.

BrokeCuzWheelin said:
Aren't thos fiberglass whips like $15-$17? I don't think I paid even $35 for my pair of whips. Just go buy a new one.
Yes, they are. I wasn't thinking when I posted this, but I realized shortly after that I can buy a new antenna for cheap. I bought mine with the coax and mount and all that, which was why it was so high.

BigBroncoXLT said:
You cant afford an antenna? but you drive a bronco? this dont add up.
Yes, my girlfriend usually pays most of my gas money (she uses it more than I do to get to work and back. This will change, however, when she gets her inspection done on Thursday) and the rest comes out of my empty pockets. I get around $50 a week, and pay for school lunches (yes. School.), and gas, and that really adds up. Usually I'm left with literal pocket change.

Swampwalker3 said:
Probably why he can't afford the antenna.
You're quite right :histerica

Bronco Rob said:
http://www.firestik.com/CatalogFrame.htm

Your firestick 4' is only 19.99 Get on the highway, find a truck stop, go buy one at the truck stop.

I was gonna buy a 6' or 8' one til i found out that it probably won't increase my range.
I don't have a firestick, I have a Barjan. Mine's probably even less expensive.

Yes, I was in a fit when I posted this. That doesn't mean you guys have to gang up on me :goodfinge

And to set the story straight *so none of you's trolls can come in here ahcusin' me of stuff* I was sitting behind a line of traffic, and the man in front of me decided at the last second that he'd let a car pass on the perpendicular road (we have right-of-way when crossing the tracks, naturally, but he felt generous or something.) so I had to stop behind him. Lucky me, they're working on the railroad today around my area, so everything was all messed up (maybe that's why they were working on it). My mom works about 3 steps from the tracks and she said they were going up and down randomly all day.

Here.

Thanks for your support :goodfinge

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
#35 for an antena?:shocked I just bought a 3 ft firestik for $17.99, the 4 ft is $18.99, and the 6 is $20.99. Just find a CB shop near you and ask prices. They're cheaper than a tank of gas or even an oil change.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts