Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are many tat threads out there but this isnt asking for pictures.
Im wanting a tat but i cant decide on what i want.

So how did you decide on what to get for your first tattoo? Was it something that meant something or just something that you liked? Ive been looking at tats for days and days and cant ever agree on something to get. Ive thought of stuff from a skull and flames, the celtic cross, a celtic warrior, a very sweet raiders emblem a family crest to many many other things.

So what made you decide? Also if you want, what was your first tat?

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
my first one combined a few things, the meaning of friendship, the meaning of love, a bond, my two favorite colors (blue & purple: in the ring) and my favorite band (pink floyd), which equals me, my wife and son when you get down to it :thumbup

Attachments

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I have yet to get one, myself, but I've known what I've wanted, since high school... wierd. It's a 3-toed claw, ripping thru my chest (going to be placed above my heart)

:shrug

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts

This is my first tattoo. I've always wanted a panther ever since grade 9, I think. I finally got this when I was 33. I think ultimately you want something you wont be embarassed about in say 20 years. Who cares what others think, just get what you want and makes you feel good about it.

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well ive always loved flames, so ill probably get something with flames around it. The g/f suggested the Raiders logo but with a twist, but i dunno if i want my football team as a tat.

Whatever i get will be between my shoulder blades. I want something sorta different, that no one else has or that is rare in the tat scene. I guess i could draw something that i like then just have the artist perfect it. :toothless

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,497 Posts
Whatever it is you choose... it better hold a life long meaning for you.

When you only have a few, they have to count.
When you start to become a billboard, anything goes.

My first was the Reaper. I died as a child and it's had a profound effect on the way I've lived and felt about life in general. :shrug
Used my own design and have never regretted it. Of course... you should probably have some artistic ability.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
I got mine years ago. The way I went about it was I figured since it is permanent, whatever I decided on I would wait a year. If a year later I still wanted the exact same thing I would go ahead and do it.

A year later I had a cartoon devil on my shoulder that looks kinda like Mario. I drew it up myself (OK I am in the video game generation). I have had it for about 15 years and it needs to be touched up. I have been watching that damn tattoo show on TLC and I want to do it up with more colors.

I don't regret it but no matter what they say it hurts. It's like someone shoving a dull pencil(sp?) in you back for about an hour or more. :shocked

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
90Beater said:
I don't regret it but no matter what they say it hurts. It's like someone shoving a dull pencil(sp?) in you back for about an hour or more. :shocked
yup, and it feels like it is burning at the same time.

·
crank trigger
8,155 Posts
i have about 16 hrs of work. i always thought if felt like a hot fishhook digging around, especially doing shading near some dark outlines. man, that feels good (not). craziest stuff was some work on the small of my back and i felt it up in my shoulder and down on my leg. heh.
look around for something meaningful to you and something that is not too trendy. were i to go back in time i think the one thing i would have done differently is do the tats much larger and get less 'small' designs and a larger more cohesive design. that sort of thing holds up much better over time. have fun man, tats are super.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
4xPepe` said:
:stupid
I've got my family coat of arms on my right shoulder. I know I'll be proud to show it to my grandkids one day. (planning to get the coat of arms for my mom's side to cap the other shoulder)

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats what im leaning towards, is the family crest. I mean i havent had anything really happen in my life that needs a tat. So whenever i decide on a tat then it will be just something that i really like.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,062 Posts
4xPepe` said:
Pepe' hit the nail on the head, I look at mine sometimes and think what the hell was thinking when I did that, but mine do hold some personal meaning as well. To be honest, it should be something you decide for yourself not just because someone else says it looks cool. I've seen tattoos on other people that a great pieces of work but that I would never want. Just remember you'll be looking at it for years to come, so once you've decided, give yourself another 24 hours to think about it. If you still like it, go for it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Here is mine

Even though it was small,it did hurt but not enough for me to wimp out and say finish it some other time....As for the tat itself,its a Bible scripture:phil 4:13-I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

I was in a tough time in my life and my faith was the only thing that kept me alive so the tat is a reminder to me of what i had and what I have now...Make sure its something you want and has some sort of significance...but thats just my .02 cents worth...Good luck

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
Hey yall know that shit is permanent right? Well thats what i got when i got mine. i got 6 of them and am getting another one maybe this summer. i plan on getting my daughters hands on my shoulder blades with her name in between them on my upper back.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
I have my daughter's name tattooed on the center of my back between my shoulder blades.

Her name is Allyson, there is a tierra (the crown a princess wears) and underneath her name it says "forever Daddy's Princess"

I want to get it redone cause the tattooist used some pretty light colors, it's not as dark as i want it. I have a van halen looking wingy thing that for some reason caught my attention and i still like to this day on my right arm.

After my shoulder surgery i am going to either get a Repair Certificate or Rebuild certificate tattoed on the shoulder blade, and i still want a female grim reaper....wish i was an artist and could draw what i want.

As far as hurting, the one on my back only bothered me when he went across my spine. other than that, i like the way it feels.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Some tatoo ideas:

Tattoo a T-Bird girl got. $120 for wings, $30 per session. Did a webpage for a tattoo place, they gave her a nice discount.

She's a cool girl (interesting pic):

Another T-Bird owner.

Misc.:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts