Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time taking the bronco on any real sort of trail (petes mill run, george washington forest, VA). The trail was easy going, with a few hairy parts just because the truck is so wide. Made it through the trail with no damage, didnt bottom out or anything. Now it appears my trans pan seal is seeping fluid near one of the bolts. Could this have been caused by overheating it, or just flexing it around?

I'm not leaking bad enough to really even leave spots when I park, and my fluid level is spot on. I plan on changing the gasket/ fluid and putting on a trans cooler/remote filter and temp sensor (filter/temp sensor before the cooler of course).

I will say i'm pretty much stock. 31" tires, added manual locking hubs, and some recovery points (tow hooks etc) and I rate the rig pretty high in trail ability. So for all you out there wondering what a stock bronco will do...the answer is most anything that isnt too crazy.:beer

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thats great to hear, just wait untill you get a little body damage...then the trail fever will set it....... Mine did excellent in stock form(well I had 34-10.50's under it, but still no lift and it pulled itself up some rock hills that nobody watching thought it was going to climb....Bent the transfer case guard up into the t-case and that into the bottom of the cab, but after that was out of the way it did much better....but it did much better than I expected....btw this was in the badlands...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts