Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1992 Bronco XLT 302, E4OD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, first time posting.

I'm saving a 1992 Bronco that was bound for the junk yard. Doing all of the work myself. Replaced E4OD myself with a junk yard trans. Swapped out the timing chain for a cloyes double roller. New OEM water pump. New timing cover. New melling oil pump, pickup, fel pro oil pan gasket.

In the process of rebuilding the BW1356. It's rebuilt and sealed but I'm having trouble finding the speedometer gear retaining clip that goes inside the tail housing. Keeping my eyes on ebay and local junk yards for a 1356 that's being parted out. Really my last piece before she's drivable (I think).
Tire Car Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Font Auto part Rim

Automotive tire Tread Road surface Automotive exterior Asphalt

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive fuel system Scrap

Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Hood Electrical wiring

Hood Motor vehicle Blue Bumper Bicycle part

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,921 Posts
Nice. Welcome to the forum...fyi in a pinch I've heard some driving/nav apps will do the speedometer for ya

·
Premium Member
1992 Bronco XLT 302, E4OD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. Welcome to the forum...fyi in a pinch I've heard some driving/nav apps will do the speedometer for ya
Thanks! I appreciate the welcome!

I've hesitated to mount the transfer case until I get that clip because I'm not sure how the auto trans will shift without it. Any input?

I've got my fingers crossed someone on here would be willing to sell one but I don't think I can post on the wanted ads yet.

·
Super Moderator
30,906 Posts
Yo drorosas,
Welcome to our Big Bronco DIY Community and thanks for rescuing your 92!

Here's the 1992 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ http://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/Ford/Bronco/Ford_US Bronco_1992.pdf

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf via BroncMom

For any Bronco questions or to chat about it's planned modifications or build, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (50 posts required to view, due to scammers who preyed on our members ).

Our Forum FAQs includes for example, How to:
Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts.
Search The Site.
Find Subscribed Thread and more tips!

See Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) ... includes such as, "Tailgate Window repair & troublehooting".

➡ Try to find time to participate and vote in our Full-Size of the Month Contest & later in the year, Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing. Prizes are awarded to winner; a full spread in Bronco Driver Magazine is the top prize, in addition to a years subscription once the article is submitted ; and a years worth of premium FSB membership!

Al

·
Premium Member
1981 Bronco, 4.9L, ZF5, NP208, Detroit Truetracs, 3.55 gears, 31" Wranglers front and rear
2,511 Posts
Welcome to FSB and congrats on the 92! Thanks for savin' her, she's way too nice to be junked.

Reactions: Breezeway2021

·
Registered
'88 XLT. 2" lift, 3G, Saginaw Pump, Headers, High flow 3" cat, 3" exhaust, 6 litre tune, K&N
560 Posts
Replace your rear main seal, while you can.

Those one piece Fel-pro oil pan seals are the way to go and worth the price since they are self aligning with the clips they come with. Best way to prevent having to do that horrible job again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts