Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just thought i'd share some of my project, so here it is...i got my 78 this fall and got the fenders trimmed out mostly to remove rust, but also to clear the 35's...;) so here's some pics of the process...

before (i'm not sure why we took the hood off...:toothless )

i did the back, and my roommate did the front...

also some custom exhaust work, that leaks about as much as it did with no exhaust...when i brought it home it was open manifolds...very loud :rockon.

the next issue is fixing this crack in the frame...the p.o. had a plow on it, and i don't think it was well taken care of...at all. :twak

oh, and the floors need "some" help...(thanks to the roommate for pointing it out...:thumbup

but it works...i even made it through on my own, the old posi's must still have something left to them...:drinkbud here's how it sits on 35x12.5's

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Looks pretty sweet

·
broncofied
1,476 Posts
Looks good with the 35's but wow yo got some rust:banghead

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys:drinkbud , it's definately a project, the tailgate is a complete loss due to rust, the rust on the side is almost all surface rust though, and the floor boards will be cut out and new ones welded in soon hopefully...the cool thing about the paint is that it's the same scheme as my first bronco (1987) was, i plan on doing all the body work and repainting it to the original blue/white this summer along with installing the 4" lift in my garage back home...:rockon

edit: and i've got a guy lined up to build custom bumpers front and rear for it too...:thumbup :rockon

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
draw a line, then cut on that. it helped me a lot. there's also some metal bracing inside the fender that was a pain to cut around, so i ended up cutting most of it out. and have plenty of cutting disks if using an angle grinder, and take your time, i found gloves and safety glasses to be helpful too...:thumbup

:drinkbud

·
Registered
103 Posts
#1beerman said:
draw a line, then cut on that. it helped me a lot. there's also some metal bracing inside the fender that was a pain to cut around, so i ended up cutting most of it out. and have plenty of cutting disks if using an angle grinder, and take your time, i found gloves and safety glasses to be helpful too...:thumbup

If you don't have an angle grinder a jig saw with metal cutting blades works pretty well. And if you have a good paint job that you care about put tape over where you want to draw your line and cut. That wil protect the paint while your cutting.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The mud covers up the rust nicely :D but looks good

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
i would be jumpin on the frame issue immediatly. Drill hols at the ends of the crack, v it some with a grinder and fill it in. I would also bolt/weld a piece of flat plate or c-channel on the inside and outside of the frame, just to take care of any possible issues

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Grains said:
The mud covers up the rust nicely :D

i was thinkin the same thing...:toothless

1 - 14 of 14 Posts