Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,, i got both my new mitech 40 plasma cutter and my new lincoln 175hd welder in on friday. Thought id post some pics of my my weekend projects i build. this is my first time using or seeing any plasma cutter, and my first time using another wire welder other than my old Cambell hausfield that ran on 110v . (piece of junk)

Feel free to ask quesitons about either machines and ill be happy to answer..
Also.. ive cut and cut and cut all weekend and im still on my first set of consumibles. if i was using my torch i would of went through at least 75bucks in gas.

HERE IS A STEEL CABINATE IM MAKING SO I CAN LOCK UP MY NEW TOOLS


HERE IS A STEEL WORK BENCH WITH ROLLERS I CUT SOME 4 INCH PIPE FOR TOOL AND TORCH HOLDERS, MY NAME IS DREW AND I MADE A PLATE AND WELDED IT TO THE TABLE AS WELL. I ALSO CUT ANGIE @ BILLY AS A DECORATION FOR MY WALL. THEY ARE MY COUSINS AND BEST FRIENDS.



HERE IS A PIC OF A 3 INCH BY 2 FOOT C CHANNEL I USED TO SHOW WHAT ALL I COULD CUT WITH EASE.


I BASHED MY TRANSFER SKID PLATE TO PIECES SO I BUILD A NEW ONE REAL QUICK. HERE YA GO. IM VERY PROUD OF THIS ONE. LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it sounds cheesy,, but i loved making that transfer plate... if i could get a few people to commit to buy one,, i would love to build a few jigs and make 4 or 5 skid plate to help offset the cost of my new tools. i can even have them powedercoated black.
 

·
shibby
Joined
·
4,826 Posts
Joes93Bronco said:
I wanna see some pics of the Mitech and how it hooks up to the compressor por favor senor, if'n ya don't mind. And what your impressions of it are. Been tryin to talk my boss into buyin one.
The back of the Mitech has a simple barbed fitting. All that needs to be done is run the hose from the barbed fitting to the barbed fitting on the included pressure regulator/water separator then a hose from the barbed fitting on the regulator to your air compressor.

What I've done is instead of the barbed fitting on the inlet side of the regulator, I screwed in a male quick disconnect fitting so I can simply use a quick disconnect to hook it up to my air hose leading to the compressor.
 

·
shibby
Joined
·
4,826 Posts
bigguy6f4 said:
I know it sounds cheesy,, but i loved making that transfer plate... if i could get a few people to commit to buy one,, i would love to build a few jigs and make 4 or 5 skid plate to help offset the cost of my new tools. i can even have them powedercoated black.
BTW, bigguy6F4- I sell consumables, torches and circuit boards for the Mitech cut40 if you ever need them. Hope the instruction manual I sent you helped out even though you didn't buy it from me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here ya go bro. Ive asked alot of questions and got alot of help on this forum. i figured to its my turn to return the favor for everyone else!
Btw,, the 220v wire has no plug end, i had to buy the correct plug for my extension cord. I didnt realize there are like 5 different style plugs.
size 13 boot is for referace to the size of the machine. enjoy.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes it was perfect dustball.. actually i felt bad for not buying from you.. but i needed it asap. however, i actually told all my friends i got it from you. that way if they buy one they will come to you. We have to help the fellow bronco owners out. how much do u sell consumibles for?

Also, do u sell any larger machines? My uncle ownes a Deisel Repair shop and needs something really heavy duty to cut 1 inch frame material.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also i want to add i couldnt be more pleased with this machine. its by far prolly the best investment ive ever made for a tool. so easy to use.
 

·
shibby
Joined
·
4,826 Posts
bigguy6f4 said:
yes it was perfect dustball.. actually i felt bad for not buying from you.. but i needed it asap. however, i actually told all my friends i got it from you. that way if they buy one they will come to you. We have to help the fellow bronco owners out. how much do u sell consumibles for?

Also, do u sell any larger machines? My uncle ownes a Deisel Repair shop and needs something really heavy duty to cut 1 inch frame material.
$10 for one set

$40 for five sets

$150 for twenty sets

Each set contains one ceramic cup and swirl ring and two reversible electrodes and two tips.

These are for the 30 and 40 amp plasmas.

Thanks,
Dustin
 

·
I am Super!
Joined
·
495 Posts
Dustball said:
BTW, bigguy6F4- I sell consumables, torches and circuit boards for the Mitech cut40 if you ever need them. Hope the instruction manual I sent you helped out even though you didn't buy it from me.
Dustball,
I know you sell these from a link on pirate for $525 shipped. Do you have a link to your sales area and do you sell any others lit the cut50? Also what is the lead time and what type of payments do you take?

Thanks,
Dave
 

·
shibby
Joined
·
4,826 Posts
SuperDave said:
Dustball,
I know you sell these from a link on pirate for $525 shipped. Do you have a link to your sales area and do you sell any others lit the cut50? Also what is the lead time and what type of payments do you take?

Thanks,
Dave
Actually, if you read the thread- they're $500 shipped. I only sell the cut40 and my next shipment will be arriving in late Aug/early Sept.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top