Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent Wednesday at Blackhawk Farms for my first trackday on the S1000RR. What a blast. I'd never been on a race track before so I started in Novice group and focused on throttle control and riding techniques. I caught on pretty quick and later in the day began lapping the entire Novice group. I got bumped up to intermediate and was very comfortable at the front of the intermediate group. The bike worked awesome. Late in the day I noticed a bit of front brake fade but with almost 4000 miles on the bike my pads are worn more than 50% so I'm going to try replacing them.

Here's a few pics

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
cool pics,my track days are done locally (too hot) unless I travel to CA.your bike must be a blast on the track.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dats Cool!

how long you been riding?
I have been riding street bikes for about 10 years... I'm addicted

This was the first time I've ever dragged a knee in corners

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Man,when you guys get all leaned over like that it looks like you've got about 2 sticks of chewing gum of rubber/road contact.Sometimes when I see em come through a curve at 140,listed over about 70*,I wonder how the fnck it stays stuck.That's gotta be awesome.

·
that's a lot of oil
775 Posts
Sweet! Going to the track is the most addictive thing I do. It's just a ridiculous amount of fun.

I do know jack about motorcycles, do people swap to track pads to avoid any fade or pad deposits?

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet! Going to the track is the most addictive thing I do. It's just a ridiculous amount of fun.

I do know jack about motorcycles, do people swap to track pads to avoid any fade or pad deposits?
You can swap to a race or trackday pad but I haven't. 4000 miles on something that sees as much abuse as brake pads isn't bad

·
that's a lot of oil
775 Posts
How did passing work? Does the rider in front need to signal to be passed? Just wondering how similar it is to car events.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Passing on straights or outside of corners

1 - 10 of 10 Posts