Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my brand new 9 inch lift for my 79 and a buddy is selling his 46 inch claws for $750. How can i fit em

·
Registered
643 Posts
1/2 ton will work fine :goodfinge

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
It's going to take a lot more than simply "cutting the fenders" unless you're really going to limit uptravel in the suspension. You have to move body mounts with 42's, you may have to move the axle forward a few inches with 46's to keep the tires out of the firewall.

·
Premium Member
3,161 Posts
Larston said:
It's going to take a lot more than simply "cutting the fenders" unless you're really going to limit uptravel in the suspension. You have to move body mounts with 42's, you may have to move the axle forward a few inches with 46's to keep the tires out of the firewall.

I agree on the body mount for 46's. They are probably as wide as 44 boggs and I had to move the body mount upward to get it out of the way. I used a 2" body lift on that rig and left out the block on thta one mount (moved mount up 2" instead).

I have not had any problems with the 42's and body mounts though and I stuff almost into the inner fender.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dropped the deal. I dont need 46's plus i would rather have a tire with some better traction

·
Registered
319 Posts
that looks awesome, i wanna do that

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm going with 38.5 or 39.5 boggers on my 79 Bronco. I've gotta 4" susp. lift.
3" body lift. gonna add chromoly axles, front n rear ARB lockers, 4.88 gears. Larger carrier for Dana 44. Anything I'm forgetting or you would suggest?

·
Registered
825 Posts
i'd think about more gear...

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
kf4amu said:

46 inch baja claws driving over "Smashman" on Daytona Beach 2 weeks ago.

that was just nasty. I could not watch a bronco drive over him a few years back. just hearing the air rush out of his mouth was nasty.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
brawn said:
I'm going with 38.5 or 39.5 boggers on my 79 Bronco. I've gotta 4" susp. lift.
3" body lift. gonna add chromoly axles, front n rear ARB lockers, 4.88 gears. Larger carrier for Dana 44. Anything I'm forgetting or you would suggest?

I would like to know what kind of larger carrier your getting for the dana 44.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
kf4amu said:
You know Smashman?

lets just say he dug a hole in the ground at hollister and we watched people drive over him there.

The dude is one fawkin whack job.

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
How wierd is that? I wasnt even there, I was at class and my friends were blowing up my phone to come watch this but I couldnt leave.

I dont know anything about him...I'm still kinda confused about the whole deal. Of the 3 friends there, 1 is my roomate and he embellishes things, leaves out key parts to make things seem more important, or straight up lies. The owner of that Tahoe is the biggest bullshitter in the world, and I ended up kicking his ass that night after the bar when he swung at me for some dumb reason. Hes not allowed at my house anymore. The third friend is just kinda dumb and has a hard time explaining anything.

So as you can see, other than the fact they ran over him, I'm not sure how it happened.

I do know that Smashman and his uber-gay friend took them all out to Red Lobster for dinner and picked up the 200 dollar tab. That was March 14th, the day which began the most surreal week in my life to date...spring break in the Bahamas.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts