Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, seen the ads for the Fitch Fuel Catalyst?
I want your opinion of whether its a

or

I've been reading some stuff on it and.... i have not really come to a conclusion.

It works by "Refining the fuel". Wouldn't filtering it also be considered "Refining" it?
As for the result, would you get pretty similar results from changing from a dirty, clogged air filter to a new one, or no air filter?

ANYWAYS, I want all your guys opinions, especially if you have experience.
(my dad almost bought one "just to try it" :duh)

I'm leaning more towards what that guy in the top hat is selling.

Here is where I have been getting my info:
www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com
http://www.ecologicx.com/fitch.html
http://www.musclecarblog.com/story-46-howto_install_a_fitch_fuel_catalyst

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
sssssssssssssssssssssssssssnake oil.

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
I've never heard of it, and I don't even need to click on the link. ALL of these sorts of gizmos are scams, plain and simple.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I've never heard of it, and I don't even need to click on the link. ALL of these sorts of gizmos are scams, plain and simple.
I usually agree but i did watch an episode on Horsepower TV where they tested this on their Engine Dyno and it actually did improve mileage quite a bit and bumped up the power. They used the same engine and exact same conditions. Now wether or not they did something behind the scenes who knows but the Dyno results shown showed a clear difference

That being said i wont be buying it either:thumbup

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I usually agree but i did watch an episode on Horsepower TV where they tested this on their Engine Dyno and it actually did improve mileage quite a bit and bumped up the power. They used the same engine and exact same conditions. Now wether or not they did something behind the scenes who knows but the Dyno results shown showed a clear difference

That being said i wont be buying it either:thumbup
I was about to bring up that point. I, too, saw it on HPTV, but you honestly can't tell if their claims were swayed by some $$

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
That should make you think less of Horsepower TV, and not more of this bull shit product.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
That should make you think less of Horsepower TV, and not more of this bull shit product.
Advertising(sp). Thats all it is to that fuel caytalist company. And HPTV probably made some money on the side for trying it.

That said, why would you think less of them for trying something? You didn't have to spend the money and it didn't hurt you to watch it. :toothless(Dont know if you did or not :thumbup)

But still, all it is, is them trying to make money, just like every other company or show.

KC :beer

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I said, I was leaning towards what the guy in the top hat is selling...

but the real question that gets my hamster wheel turning is: "How does it work?" (if it does!) and how long would it last....

oh, I got it! maybe it magnetizes all my fuel particles to align end on end to make long molecular chains that produce more energy!

i guess we will wait for a person that actually bought one let us know how well it works...

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
HP TV pushes some pretty expensive bling and shit that is not needed IMHO. I quit watching it for those reasons.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts

i guess we will wait for a person that actually bought one let us know how well it works...
if you do find somebody that buys one, i bet you'll hear something like "yeah.....it works pretty good":bs:bs:bs
if they were that beneficial, they would have been installed at the factory.

is that even how you spell "ionize"?:goodfinge

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
They do work, on some vehicles, short term.

That is the same old magnet theory. It could work, but basically, only if your vehicle has other issues that should have been address already, like a tune up, or clean injectors.

Most additives are just compensating for maintenance the engine is lacking.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My father and I were thinking of marketing a product similar to Fitch, called: Nut on a String.

We'd sell it for $24.99 and it would include a "fuel saving nut with a string tied to it for easy removal"!

"As the fuel travels through the center of the nut, it polarizes the fuel and creates a move even flow through the fuel lines and into the injectors, resulting in a cleaner, more efficient combustion cycle!"

The profit margin would be HUGE!

Vince

(see I can do it to)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts