Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just changed these plugs about a week ago and this is what they look like now, slightly annoying.

After I bought new plugs I decided to clean the old ones and put them back and the truck and starts right up, so I'll save these for a quick change at our upcoming M&G.

I'm assuming several things as the culprit, such as running too rich or maybe oil deposits?
I currently have a Holley 800 which came with the truck and I'm pretty sure this is not the correct carb for a 360 and until I get a tach, won't be able to tell, probably needs to be tuned anyway.

Anyway, what do you guys think the most likely cause to be? I'm limited on funds and Im leaving town soon so gotta' start in a good spot. Just needing some ways to limit the possibilities and not just throw parts at it.

Zane

·
Registered
173 Posts
First thing, get rid of the carb. That is too much carb for a 360. Those plugs are fouled from too much fuel. You can never jet that thing down far enough. That engine does not require anything bigger then a 650 unless it is severly built. Just my two cents anywho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts