Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at bidding on a bronco from an auction. It's a recovered stolen truck with a salvage title. Anyway the ignition cylinder was busted out/cut/pried etc. Anyone know if I can just put a new lock cylinder in there or will the whole column need replaced?

Best pic I have of it..

·
OMF
2,957 Posts
From the looks of it you would be able to put a new ingition switch in there, doesn't look like there was too much damage at all.

·
Forward Some Money
5,054 Posts
I would go do an inspection. If not possible, worst case, I would plan on replacing the column. Looks pretty broken and who knows what they (thief/thieves) did that's not visible. Dashboard is pretty busted up and all the trim around it.

If ignition is not busted up too bad (doubt), and if you get the key, and if it still goes into the ignition, you might be able to get it out and just replace that. Lots of "ifs". It wont match the doors unless you get the correct service ignition from Ford or install a complete new lockset or have it rekeyed.

Depending on all the circumstances, I would never take a theft recovery and not change all the locks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts