Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since i bought california monkeys old rig, i've pretty much found it to be perfect (except for the whole gasoline thing, i find that to be a fatal flaw)

with it he gave me a whole truck full of spare parts, and gave me everything pretty much working perfect condition

two weeks later, minor things starting to break

im on a lunch break right now, so not going to upload pictures until tonight... however today included

mounting the air tank for the on board air, fix the electric tranny cooler fan, and put in a "proper" shift linkage for the BW1356 and remove the one he fabbed up.... 3 inches to short

please note guys, that this is going to be very slow... most everything i want (except for a diesel engine) is already on the truck, so to begin with its pretty much just going to be maintanence and repairs as needed

but hint... and on board welder may be in the making

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
alright, so i dont have any pictures at the moment... i'[ll get them this coming weekend of what i did last weekend

riddle me this: I pulled codes before i started working on it two weeks ago, and all i got was 628 in continuous memory (excessive torque converter slip) this i know about and have fixxed the problem (loose torque converter bolts to the flywheel).... the riddle is, i have no code for any other transmisison problem, but before i replaced the tcase linkage i was gear hoping between 2nd and 3rd, after i replaced the linkage i have no more gear hoping, just a harsh 1-2 upshift....

im pretty sure its just the connector on the mlps sensor side, its really dirty and looks like some of the terminals wiggle a little bit when i was cleaning it up, so i got a new sensor pretty cheap and will throw that in, but what im thinking happened is before the wiring harness going into the mlps was on the outside of shift linkage, now its on the inside, so i think the way its being pressed is whats causing the symptoms

just/ thought i'd update

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can't wait to see some pics!

Yeah the MLPS connector is a pita. You can buy the 95&up connector and switch it over, its supposed to keep out dirt and water.

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't wait to see some pics!

Yeah the MLPS connector is a pita. You can buy the 95&up connector and switch it over, its supposed to keep out dirt and water.
yep. the 95 is the one I got.

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright, got a leak in the rear air tank i need to fix over the holidays, along with transfering the safari rack from the old bronco to the new one

also, still having transmission problems, so going to be performing stall, line, and air pressure testing the valve body
may also have a clogged cooler line that i need to look into

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright, pulled codes 636(koeo) for transmission oil temperature higher or lower than expected (did the test cold, so makes sense)

and 452 (memory) for VSS signal fault

also did a line pressure test yesterday
P/N 55-65 PSI (got 90)
R 75-99 (got 130)
D/2 55-65 (got 90)
1 75-99 (got 130)

i highly doubt that the vss has anything to do with the pressure readings... but hey you never know.... i'll knock out the codes first before moving to other problems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts