1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Why?

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
it was on TRUCKS, i cant remember the kit though, id steer away from it, cause what it does is stops one of your cylinders from fireing and dumps the fuel directly into your exhaust then is ignited by a auxilery coil and sparkplug inserted in the exhaust, bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad news. BUT if you feel like trashing your engine and paying to do it be my guest,

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com:16080/Autoloc/Products/Products_flame.lasso

·
Registered
961 Posts
what would you do with that?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
for show mainly, not to be used in the street.

But i have done it to 3 cars now and all of them are still running fine. it is just a matter of how you do it. people can get crazy doing this stuff.

·
Geaux Tigers!!
2,296 Posts
That's an old hot rodder trick, but would be (SHOULD BE) very challenging to get it to work with EFI. Mount a spark plug near the taipipe exit like this:

On a Bronco, it shouldn't be quite so low to the ground. ;)

Then have a switch that kills power to the coil so after revving the motor the fuel is still drawn in and this switch should then ignite the plug. Flip it back before the motor dies and repeat. Something like this: PLEASE RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS!

http://www.reganracing.com/flamethrower.avi

These were taken by me at the Lone Star Roundup here in Austin. It's a traditional hot rod gathering every year....and it's here again in two weeks! Anyway, be careful doing it to a motor you care about.

Tommy

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
there is a web site i think flame thrower dot com and it uses a propane and igniter. it will get you a ticket as it is unsafe (these have started fires along the road). all kits say for show or off road use only (i think alot of my bronco parts say that too....)....mike

·
Registered
784 Posts
i've looked into this as well and if i were you, i wouldnt use any system that has anything to do with your engine. no cutting spark to 1 cylinder, no making it run rich, no cutting off the cats. get a small camping style propane tank. run a line to about 1' from the tailpipe, install a spark plug w/ its own coil like 6" from the tailpipe. depending on how you want to trigger it, you can just flip a switch to continuously fire the plug and manually open the valve for the tank. you could also make it all work on the push of a button. propane gives a nice blue torch type of flame out the pipe which i prefer. also less likely to fly 25' and set a tree on fire. just dont do it while sum1 walks behind your car or anyone is parked too close.

·
Registered
784 Posts
double post

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
we installed a ebay kit on my buddies camaro that had propane as the fuel. we ran it into the exhaust and ignited it with a remote, plug and coil. it was cool, but in a napolean dynamite stupid kind of way.
he used it a couple of times, ran out of fuel, then never really did it again, we ended up uninstalling it after a few months.
the best part was that we set it up with a wireless remote. so we could stand around and watch it. like when people where standing near the car, when they weren't supposed to be...

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
You can google that gay shit up. :thumbup

·
Registered
251 Posts
I bought a kit for my 99 Cobra. There are a few sites out there. It doesn't dump fuel into your tailpipe. It uses unburnt fuel going through your tailpipe. The one i bought you have to get 2 seperate ignition coils. Then the way I did it, I put another battery into the back of the car, and relayed it to that one. Nothing too hard, but worth it. Because the first time I tried, it takes away power from your original coils, so it "kills" the engine in a way to speak. but it doesnt' stall. I got mine for like $45 with free shipping. I thought about putting it on my bronco...but thought it'd be too much work. A little less work now that I have 3" all the way through, and exiting before the rear wheel.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts