Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tis been a long time posting but I view all the time. I just went through 6 pages of search posts and didn't find what I am looking for. Keep in mind I am no pro at this but try real hard.

Anyway, 89, 5.0l, AOD. Removed front of rear drive shaft from transfer case. How do I remove the 1.25" nut from the shaft? I have no major tools if that helps. I am replacing my speedo driven gear (yellow 7 tooth) and can not get this nut off. Since I have no impact, can I do anything to remove it? I got it a little loosened but it just seems to spin on the shaft? Not sure if that's what it is really doing but it seems like it. I tried in neutral, out of neutral, brake, no brake, front locked etc... and can't figure it out.

Thanks for the help because I was hoping to get this done today, Sunday. Luckily it's not my daily driver right now.

Frank

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I somehow got the nut off. I now need to remove the yellow gear and am wondering if it would be easier to remove the 4 T50 bolts that hold the extension? on and get at it that way or do I have to take the lock ring off before this happens anyway?

Thanks for the help but I may not get back at it until tomorrow after work.

Frank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts